• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

Fairbanks, AK for the month of March is -9.3F while many of us are +16F...

Lots of cold air up there...lets just hope it doesn't save one last blast for us...

You're not kidding. Wind chills to -65 in northern AK...on March 22?!?!

NORTHWESTERN BROOKS RANGE-

INCLUDING...SINGILUK...UMIAT

359 AM AKDT THU MAR 22 2012

...WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM

AKDT FRIDAY...

.TODAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A FEW FLURRIES. PATCHY FOG. HIGHS 25 TO 35 BELOW. LIGHT WINDS. .TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 35 TO 45 BELOW. EAST WINDS 5 TO

15 MPH. WIND CHILL TO 65 BELOW ON THE NORTHERN PLAIN.

.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 20 TO 30 BELOW. EAST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. WIND CHILL TO 60 BELOW ON THE NORTHERN PLAIN. .FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 28 TO 40 BELOW. EAST WINDS

5 TO 20 MPH.

.SATURDAY...CLOUDY. HIGHS 10 TO 20 BELOW. EAST WINDS 10 TO

20 MPH.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 30 BELOW.

.SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS NEAR 10 BELOW.

LOWS 30 TO 35 BELOW.

.MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS NEAR 35 BELOW.

HIGHS NEAR 15 BELOW.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General question. Will frost and freeze advisories start earlier then normal this year now? example is next week could get into the 20s and 30s over a large portion of the great lakes. so would they issue the advisories almost a month ahead of schedule?

I believe so. Frost and freeze warnings are issued during the growing season, and that has clearly started.

GFS is trending toward the Euro early next week with more of a digging shortwave over the lakes keeping the returning warmth held back over the plains. Now it doesn't even have any of us hitting 70 on Tuesday. Monday is looking a bit chilly for the lakes region. At least it's not looking like a possible freeze around here Tuesday morning like it is for the eastern lakes and northeast.

Is this real? A 20 degree difference between Milwaukee and Waukesha (57 vs. 77). May be a lake breeze, but I doubt it is that strong.

You know, MKE always reads several degrees colder than other locations with NE winds in the spring. It is a horrible representation of the city IMO.

I have 65.3F at my house right now, and Port Washington (on the lake) has 60.8F.

You know, MKE always reads several degrees colder than other locations with NE winds in the spring. It is a horrible representation of the city IMO.

I have 65.3F at my house right now, and Port Washington (on the lake) has 60.8F.

Horrible representation of the County did you mean to type?

Even being only 55 because of the lake it feels amazing in the sun. Normal yr we'd be out on the ice this march 22nd 55 degree day getting sunburned and slamming the late season panfish. I hope payback is a beotch next yr and lake michigan freezes across. Due for at least one super below temp month in winter. I'd sacrafice getting no snow next Dec/Jan to have the January montly departure be near the opposite of this March.

So would we say that April is looking much cooler than March?

I don't think any month in our lifetimes will ever be as warm as March. So the answer is yes. Its just out of this world to think April could feature or top the king of all anomalies.

If we have another month of +15 departures region wide it might be time to sound the alarm.

Archived