• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

You're the Mt Saukville of Illinois. Need 83° to get a +39° here.

Yeah really. It's getting to fricken warm in the house now! 74°. :sun:

Who's knows what's gonna happen next week. Haven't trusted anything out that far since November!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MKE up to 81.

New point forecast.

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 87. South wind around 15 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. South wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Yeah really. It's getting to fricken warm in the house now! 74°.

Who's knows what's gonna happen next week. Haven't trusted anything out that far since November!

This is just blowing the winter torch out the door. Prob safe to say we're stuck in 10- to 20+ departures during the day until the world ends.

MKE up to 81.

New point forecast.

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 87. South wind around 15 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. South wind between 5 and 15 mph.

72.5 by you.. hopefully you stay lake breeze.

It's gone in Grafton, I'm next.

81 in Grafton.

Why do you have west bend for your weather obs..you two are nothing a like. Isn't there a way to have your wx stations obs show up? Today and tomorrow will prob be the last time your day time highs are warmer than La Crosse until fall.

It's gone in Grafton, I'm next.

81 in Grafton.

Your palms are probably lovin' it! Interesting on the radar picture - there is some linear features on it and what looks like a pop-up shower in Rock County.

82° now.

Better over here Bow... 72F and almost no wind... Crazy that the Brewers could have stayed up here for spring training.

I'm with Bow...the cold will show up...be it April or May or June/July/Aug ...I just hope we get by with no mid 20Fs...

Yard looks like its snowing with the apricots all in bloom.

If it was any other yr I would be really worried abouth a stretch of mid 20's inland. Naso much this yr but you can't rule a rough night or two of it for sure. April 2003 would be devastating.

Since I have no reputation to risk on here, I'll go ahead and drop the N word: Ninety at ORD tomorrow...

nah, I think 87-88 is the limit with this airmass

edit: i see a couple 86 readings and an 88 at Evanston..but they have been running hot. Given the previous couple days, we might tack on another degree

What cold snap is everyone talking about? This weekends cool down? fwiw the euro weeklies I believe show below normal temps by what would currently be the end of the LR GFS runs (last i heard, which was nearly a week ago, the weeklies had us near normal week 3 and below normal week 4...think they update today). Its to be taken with a grain of salt, but the weeklies are arguably the best longrange tool we have. They nailed this torch weeks out, and many on here take them as gospel (at least when they show what they want to see lol).

Next mid week "cool" shot. The weeklies suck past week 3 into 4 IMO. Always have always will regardless of what they show.

Nah much - sold the little fishing boat before last summer and the old 1978 startcraft pleasure boat is still in storage for at least two months.. Went down for steeleheads twice before the torch but the water was to low and way to many dip****s out there then and especially now that it has warmed up.. Rivers are heating up so thinking on going down to wilmont tonight and wed night to try for walleyes, cats and whiteys.

Euro has 30's for you at 18z sat.. better dig a pair of long johns out to wear under your shorts if you're going frisbee throwing.

Actually I will be tossing the disc this weekend. It will feel more spring like at 58 degrees. Long johns...nah I'm thinking about bib overalls.

nah, I think 87-88 is the limit with this airmass

edit: i see a couple 86 readings and an 88 at Evanston..but they have been running hot.  Given the previous couple days, we might tack on another degree

Adding 15C to the 850 mb temps works pretty well for determining max temps in a mostly sunny/deep mixing regime like this.  Sometimes you can go a tad higher depending on local elevation, drought, highly urbanized downtown, or in this case lack of vegetation, but rarely much more.

Now at 83F in STL,

81.5F at my house. but I just moved in a week ago, so calibration is a factor. I have my sensor tacked to a tree about 8 feet above the ground. But it's in the shade all day under a large branch.

That is 8 of 9 days in a row at KSTL over 80F.

last nights low was 65. So 83/65/74 = +28F for the day.

Now pushing 14F+ for the month and near 60F for the month after today.

Archived