• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend "Storm" Discussion Part III, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

Anybody else up? Cause uh..I'm seeing things on the model that shall not be named...

At 500, it is either going negative tilt or a bit of vorticity holds back in the lower Mid-west,

just enough to allow the precip. to pivot north for us...

all of the little short waves at 500 are more amplified...allowing the trough to deepen and

the flow along the East coast is...backing a tad.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it definitely moved north. It's noteworthy because it follows the 0z slight move to the north.

it looks like the euro....a bit wetter of course...probably 0.3 - 0.4 for DC?....I know I have bashed the NAM a lot...are we now in a range where it has decent skill?....inside of 48?...I assume it is always too wet no matter what the range, but maybe it is in a more skillful range for discerning other important features

edit...0.25" ish for DC....

very similar to euro now

it looks like the euro....a bit wetter of course...probably 0.3 - 0.4 for DC?....I know I have bashed the NAM a lot...are we now in a range where it has decent skill?....inside of 48?...I assume it is always too wet no matter what the range, but maybe it is in a more skillful range for discerning other important features

edit...0.25" ish for DC....

very similar to euro now

Where is .5. South of Fredericksburg?

I hope today is the day we keep seeing the precip field inch north.....I imagine at this range big changes/swings in the major features are less and less likely, but what is nice is we no longer need that to get into better QPF....getting to 0.5" is probably too ambitious, but we wouldnt need some massive change in the nature of the storm to do it like it looked earlier today....

.5 line runs from charlottesville over to fredericksburg and points south.

Nice. If the GFS shows some movement, people are going to be pumped in the morning after last night's disaster. They will come back on board with more realistic hopes, and be in a better mood, to see if we can all root for a 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 inch storm -- which is what only 3 days ago we all said we were rallying for.

Archived