Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend "Storm" Discussion Part III, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hold off on getting too happy. Maybe it happens, but don't set yourself up for disappointment.

I judt heard on wbal radio 1090 in balto that tasselmeyer is going for 1-3 in of snow for tomorrow. Where is he getting that forecast from?? Is any model showing this, except the models mitchnick is showing on here???

I judt heard on wbal radio 1090 in balto that tasselmeyer is going for 1-3 in of snow for tomorrow. Where is he getting that forecast from?? Is any model showing this, except the models mitchnick is showing on here???

Maybe he's hugging the RGEM. We'll see what happens today. I have low expectations north of DC right now. And in DC for that matter. Although, confidence in DC is not high at the moment.

Maybe he's hugging the RGEM. We'll see what happens today. I have low expectations north of DC right now. And in DC for that matter. Although, confidence in DC is not high at the moment.

DC needs to gt into a period of heavier snow to get 1-3 so I think it a long shot. my guess would still be in the 0-2 range or 0-1 range with the latter being more likely.

DC needs to gt into a period of heavier snow to get 1-3 so I think it a long shot. my guess would still be in the 0-2 range or 0-1 range with the latter being more likely.

I was thinking around an inch for now. I figure if they get 2-3", at least I mentioned an inch. If it's just flurries..well no harm done either. I sort of left some room in case this does try to wobble north.

Updated outlook for Silver Spring and points north: cool and cloudy to start the week

and then a gradual warmup with midweek rain showers. For Sunday/Monday, probability of snow virga: 85%. The upcoming week should average slightly warmer than average. Probability of white lawns Sunday/Monday north of Silver Spring: 15%.

GDO815,

The +NAO , without blocking the storm moves fast. I know there's time for things to change and going on feeling is not reliable. I have seen this before and usually it stays to the south just like most models are showing. I live

in Prince William county and that puts me on the fringes. I hope we do fine but I am less excited after the seeing a more southern path now.

Snow or bust. Right now i am not the happiest person ever. Looks like the storm is staying well south of our hearts. I said earlier, what do you get with +AO & +NAO during a snow threat in northern Va? Usually nothing and that is what it is looking like now. Still time to change but I am not buying it.

This has nothing to do with =AO or +NAO! It has to do with confluence to our north supressing the system. Along with less southern stream amplification.

I was thinking around an inch for now. I figure if they get 2-3", at least I mentioned an inch. If it's just flurries..well no harm done either. I sort of left some room in case this does try to wobble north.

For dc I'd probably use 0-2 or t to 2" for now in case we somehow got into a heavier band. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room but with such a tight gradient, it wouldn't take much to get into the .2 to .4 range for QPF.

Archived