• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend "Storm" Discussion Part III, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

For dc I'd probably use 0-2 or t to 2" for now in case we somehow got into a heavier band. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room but with such a tight gradient, it wouldn't take much to get into the .2 to .4 range for QPF.

Yeah agreed. Such a sharp gradient in this. I left the door open in case this decided to move slightly to the north. I'll have another update later on.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACFD FIREMAN,

Your right, the storm is about the confluence of the north supressing the system and less southern stream amplification. What I meant was going with the odds of snowstorm in northern Va with the +AO & +NAO. It is rare to have a snowstorm with the 2 positive teleconnections. Yes we can get snow, but like I said after a more southern track I am not buying it. I hope I am wrong and I have been before.

Yeah agreed. Such a sharp gradient in this. I left the door open in case this decided to move slightly to the north. I'll have another update later on.

Which was my point early this morning when commenting on the surface features being a tad N of progged...;)

I thought this would look better based on hr 30, but it scoots the heaviest band south of the city. I don't know how correct that will be, but you need that heavier stuff or it probably won't accumuate much of you have 0.15" QPF in 3 hrs.

Doesn't look like a whiff to me, but you're probably right on the rest. We'll need some heavy stuff to get good accums.

Doesn't look like a whiff to me, but you're probably right on the rest. We'll need some heavy stuff to get good accums.

I'm guessing 0.25-0.3" or so QPF at a glance, but if you space that over 6 hrs...I don't think it would accumulate much. I thought at first this would be better than what is depicted, so not sure about the actual prog..but that's what it has.

I'm guessing 0.25-0.3" or so QPF at a glance, but if you space that over 6 hrs...I don't think it would accumulate much. I thought at first this would be better than what is depicted, so not sure about the actual prog..but that's what it has.

I agree. I thought we'd get into the heavier stuff as well going by the 30 hour panel. All in all, it is wetter, but you're right about the QPF over a longer stretch of time.

gotta like the trend though...2 runs in a row it's come slightly north.

Archived