amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Weekend "Storm" Discussion Part III, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno ... I'm thinking I may have to pull the plug on VA and take the 77/81 route and stay around Mount Airy. I frankly think they may do better than RIC now.

I am too chicken to go over the gap to around Hillsville, VA during a snowstorm in this rented Ford Focus. If they get a foot I'd see it Monday morning as I drive north.

I dunno ... I'm thinking I may have to pull the plug on VA and take the 77/81 route and stay around Mount Airy. I frankly think they may do better than RIC now.

I am too chicken to go over the gap to around Hillsville, VA during a snowstorm in this rented Ford Focus. If they get a foot I'd see it Monday morning as I drive north.

I'm not even gonna chase now. It's too damn far.

It was so awesome when Eastern hosted the Euro model for a while there.

I think a lot of people are suprised we still have access to that data. I don't think there's an official policy on why it's not posted but I know I haven't seen it this year.

Yeah, it gets quiet when things look bad. Its' a brutal winter...I'm just glad someone is getting snow and find this winter to be fascinating regardless. Hopefully you'll see some snow Coach.

I think a lot of people are suprised we still have access to that data. I don't think there's an official policy on why it's not posted but I know I haven't seen it this year.

Yeah, it gets quiet when things look bad. Its' a brutal winter...I'm just glad someone is getting snow and find this winter to be fascinating regardless. Hopefully you'll see some snow Coach.

I got 1.5 inches of snow already on February 12th. I thought this winter.was over but this winter keeps bringing me back in.

rpost-1013-0-73305500-1329636494.jpg

It was so awesome when Eastern hosted the Euro model for a while there.

For those who don't know, wunderground has euro precip maps out to 180 hours....better ones than the ones we had on eastern. Even has snowfall totals.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?zoom=4&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=1&mm.mdl=GFS&mm.type=SURPRE&mm.hour=0&mm.opa=100&mm.clk=0&hur=0&fire=0&tor=0&ndfd=0&pix=0&dir=0&ads=0&tfk=0&fodors=0&ski=0&ls=0&rad2=0

3 days ago we finally had a real snowstorm threat and it was looking promising. Then everything went down hill for the worse. Just in 3 days, we go from nice storm to nothing. Really when you look the odds, the odds were stacked against us and the odds stacked against us won. I know the northern convergence was going to make us or break us with the southern amplification. When you really look at the big picture we also have a +AO & +NAO. Those 2 teleconnections are not in sync and our odds of a 4"in snowstorm go even farther down. Living in northern Va for along time now and when the odds are stacked against us, the odds win most of the time. Maybe we all can squeeze a late storm out in early March like 2009. The people who get the storm are lucky ducks. Wish I was there!

DT is bailing on the storm now...totally jumping ship at the final hour

*And the facebook flaming begins!

"So after all the bashing of local METS yesterday by everyone including DT when in fact the local METS were right why does this page still have over 17,000 likes? People were laughing at the locals like they had absolutely no clue what they were talking about and praising DT like he was a god. I just dont get it."

be

DT is bailing on the storm now...totally jumping ship at the final hour

because he was telling them what they wanted to hear as opossed to local mets who were rightly downplaying the storm.

*And the facebook flaming begins!

"So after all the bashing of local METS yesterday by everyone including DT when in fact the local METS were right why does this page still have over 17,000 likes? People were laughing at the locals like they had absolutely no clue what they were talking about and praising DT like he was a god. I just dont get it."

Archived