Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Weekend "Storm" Discussion Part III, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this winter we all need a big flask

I feel bad for you all, but I had 35 inches all of 09-10 (My climo is 21 a year) compared to the 70+ you all had there. And, Jan 26 was bust here last year. It sucks..wish we could all share but SW VA is due for some events that screw others. Really is.

I feel bad for you all, but I had 35 inches all of 09-10 (My climo is 21 a year) compared to the 70+ you all had there. And, Jan 26 was bust here last year. It sucks..wish we could all share but SW VA is due for some events that screw others. Really is.

I said that over in the other thread, your area has had the worst stretch of anyone the last decade or so compared to climo. This might break that streak, I think places with some elevation near Roanoke and that area will do very well. Especially if the low holds together just a bit longer before getting shredded by the northern branch could se a foot in a lot of places.

Yeah we had the same disco up in the New England forum as well. Earlier GFS runs grabbed two of those nrn stream s/w's if you recall, but it really had to take the perfect set of circumstances working in perfect harmony to bring this up the coast. When you look at the big picture, it's just not a pretty 500mb pattern across NAMR.

My CWg posts pretty much said the same thing each day. the multiyude of waves made this one tougher than normal for the models and the multitude of waves made a full phase be really a long shot. Even a 4 inch event for dca would have been a big deal since they are so rare in nina years.

I said that over in the other thread, your area has had the worst stretch of anyone the last decade or so compared to climo. This might break that streak, I think places with some elevation near Roanoke and that area will do very well. Especially if the low holds together just a bit longer before getting shredded by the northern branch could se a foot in a lot of places.

Yeah, we had a HUGE 10+ drought. Ended in March 09. Still, I've lived here 16 years and 3 have been at or above normal. 2-3 were one standard deviation (which is HUGE down here). The rest have sucked.

Stop acting like a regional clown. If someone wants to follow the weather in another area there is nothing wrong with that as long as they don't step over any lines.

And a good group of people are going to get a lot of snow. It's kind of sad that in a weather forum this is what it's come to. It's not like it's a miss, this is going to be a terrific event for a lot of the region, and members of this board. Western NC and a lot of VA/WV get smoked.

And a good group of people are going to get a lot of snow. It's kind of sad that in a weather forum this is what it's come to. It's not like it's a miss, this is going to be a terrific event for a lot of the region, and members of this board. Western NC and a lot of VA/WV get smoked.

Don't feel bad, I've had the same thing happen before that's one of the reasons I rarely post in your region or in southeast region.

Don't feel bad, I've had the same thing happen before that's one of the reasons I rarely post in your region or in southeast region.

But you know never from me, I don't get the whole regionalization thing anyway, weather is weather and it doesn't break down along subforums. From a historical perspective this will be a lot of fun to watch for those of you in VA/WV/WNC...and hopefully parts of MD, DE and SNJ.

Balt put out an updated discussion a bit ago, very good one. http://www.nws.noaa....type=discussion

The 18z NAM is outstanding for a lot of people.

NAM actually made a fairly significant change in the evolution of the system on this run. No idea if its on to anything but it has a much more consolodated system. Take a look at how there is not as much of a split in the system now, also evident by how the precip totals were cut way down over KY and central WV. Sim radar indicates a better organized system once its to the coast now also. If its accurate I would say its a positive change even though liquid output might be the same from 12z.

But you know never from me, I don't get the whole regionalization thing anyway, weather is weather and it doesn't break down along subforums. From a historical perspective this will be a lot of fun to watch for those of you in VA/WV/WNC...and hopefully parts of MD, DE and SNJ.

Balt put out an updated discussion a bit ago, very good one. http://www.nws.noaa....type=discussion

The 18z NAM is outstanding for a lot of people.

I may have jumped all over you unfairly but last night we had a few jokers in here and perhaps they poisoned the well for you a bit. Sorry if I was quick to snap at you.

Archived