joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sat Night 2/18 - Light Snow Chance

NorEastermass128

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scott do you think any precip that falls before midnite in boston is more likely rain

i mean mother nature is really pounding us into oblivion

Yeah I'm KO'd right now.

As far as tonight goes, it may be something where it begins as a little light rain, but could flip to snow IF the precip is hard enough. WBZ heights are fairly low, as Will said. So basically, you'll have to hope for a good squall to come through, otherwise it probably won't be much of anything if it's just sct light echoes coming through.

Would you say this is the worst winter you've ever lived thru..by winter I mean discounting Oct

I'd have to wait until its over...but right now its running neck and neck with '88-'89...both had similar snowfall amounts to this point (if you exclude October of course). Mar '89 had a couple decent events so we'd need to at least a get few advisory snows in here before its over to not be worse than that year.

I'll be lucky to see a flake. But thanks.

The composite reflectivity shows some 15-20 db returns making it up between me and you at times, but the .01 contour doesn't even make it past MHT. It'd be nice to have a quick burst come through and whitten things up today but that's probably asking too much. At least the chance is there to possibly see some flakes falling.

Radar is lightning up pretty good now out in NY State...main action is probably 6-10pm for whomever gets lucky. There will be some leading snow showers out ahead too but the meat of the dynamics should be after those.

I was surprised I got a 2 minute light snow shower with that first batch..figured it wouldn't have reached the ground..At least we know whoever gets the band will start as snow based on that

Odd to seee kev get some flakes and it's pretty much wall-to-wall sun here. Looking for some flakes tonight. Not much else. I think the best spots will be elevated and N of the Pike. s/w cuts across the MA/VT border so the best dynamics will be up there.

It literally snowed for 2-3 minutes and that was it..but has been cloudy since around 12:30

A couple weenie flakes here...and 39.7, lol.

Radar does look like there's plenty of activity to come through this evening...hopefully it can tap into the instability that has been pooling over SNE during the afternoon.

If it could tap into the forum's mental instability, we would get a Blizzard of '78

How are TTs looking?

If it could tap into the forum's mental instability, we would get a Blizzard of '78

How are TTs looking?

TTs should spike into the 50s by 00z. Doesn't guarantee anything for anyone, but it usually helps promote more intense convective squalls. Given there's already a lot of activity to our west, somone will probably get lucky later on in a heavier squall.

I'll be happy with a quick burst and a coating, but hope to crack an inch.

Archived