CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Sat Night 2/18 - Light Snow Chance

NorEastermass128

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like wxmanmitch is about to get a decent burst as the line intensifies a tad on ENX radar just as it hits W MA.

Yes...snowing hard here right now. Probably about 1/4 mile visibility. Nice flakeage as opposed to heavily rimed garbage. Too bad it won't last. This is probably a brief snapshot of what tomorrow afternoon could've been...

Had .25" snowfall here but the stars are now out at 28.2F in the Monadnocks.

Well at least you got enough of a burst to whiten the grass and get low measurable. I think I may SOL here...that band looks like it wants to weaken after it crosses the Berkshires. I will end up with one of those with just weenie flakes it looks like unless we can redevelop it.

Well at least you got enough of a burst to whiten the grass and get low measurable. I think I may SOL here...that band looks like it wants to weaken after it crosses the Berkshires. I will end up with one of those with just weenie flakes it looks like unless we can redevelop it.

That's my first snowfall since 1/26 here at 1200' in the Monadnocks, unreal. There was nothing left on the ground, even in most of the deep pine woods, before tonight. Horrific. I had 69.5" in Dobbs Ferry during Winter 10-11, and I'm wondering if I can get to that mark here in the Monadnocks this season. I'd say the chances are slight of getting to the snowfall numbers Dobbs Ferry posted in the last two winters, which in unreal for our elevation and latitude...we've only had 45" this season and the clock is starting to tick.

That's my first snowfall since 1/26 here at 1200' in the Monadnocks, unreal. There was nothing left on the ground, even in most of the deep pine woods, before tonight. Horrific. I had 69.5" in Dobbs Ferry during Winter 10-11, and I'm wondering if I can get to that mark here in the Monadnocks this season. I'd say the chances are slight of getting to the snowfall numbers Dobbs Ferry posted in the last two winters, which in unreal for our elevation and latitude...we've only had 45" this season and the clock is starting to tick.

First measurable? Or snow of any kind. I have had several coatings, but nothing worth writing down

Where the heck is Dobbs Ferry?jk

Well you'll have shots into April there...but it will take at least one pretty large storm and then some nickel and dime stuff to crack 65" there. I'm hoping to crack 50" here to avoid losing to '06-'07's 49.3" IMBY...I am at 33.5" (I actually never updated the half inch I got on Feb 11 in my sig...I'll have to do that).

Def on par with the worst ones for met winter like '88-'89 and '94-'95.

Well you'll have shots into April there...but it will take at least one pretty large storm and then some nickel and dime stuff to crack 65" there. I'm hoping to crack 50" here to avoid losing to '06-'07's 49.3" IMBY...I am at 33.5" (I actually never updated the half inch I got on Feb 11 in my sig...I'll have to do that).

Def on par with the worst ones for met winter like '88-'89 and '94-'95.

What did you get in 1999?BOX's amounts for ORH are so messed up

Nothing here had a period of about 45-50 tiny little flurries for about ten minutes and stars are out here now too. Last measurable here was .25 and I think that was at the end of january. Although there's been about 6 T's but not a coating with even one of them so I didn't bother to make a note of when they occurred. Id be really surprised if either of us made it anywhere near 70" this year, but like Will and climo say we have a reasonable shot to tack on to our totals for another two months or so.

Nothing here had a period of about 45-50 tiny little flurries for about ten minutes and stars are out here now too. Last measurable here was .25 and I think that was at the end of january. Although there's been about 6 T's but not a coating with even one of them so I didn't bother to make a note of when they occurred. Id be really surprised if either of us made it anywhere near 70" this year, but like Will and climo say we have a reasonable shot to tack on to our totals for another two months or so.

Yeah I've had a few coatings and flurries but nothing approaching .25" since 1/26. I think we probably end around 60-65" in the Monadnocks...more than half of our total snowfall to date occurred on 10/29 as well, which reduced the wintry character of this season.

Yeah I've had a few coatings and flurries but nothing approaching .25" since 1/26. I think we probably end around 60-65" in the Monadnocks...more than half of our total snowfall to date occurred on 10/29 as well, which reduced the wintry character of this season.

Id expect you to end up with more than me, the further we go along the more your 500? Or so foot advantage on me will come into play with marginal set ups.

Id expect you to end up with more than me, the further we go along the more your 500? Or so foot advantage on me will come into play with marginal set ups.

You are at about 600 feet? I think he is about 1250 feet. It def helps in the late March and April events.

5 pages of thread and I got a sprinkle. Sweet winter.

EDIT: This is the 6th page.

There is a reason why I have like two posts in this thread lol....these don't work out for us very often.

In this case, I'm glad.....but just expect nothing out of these and about 1\10 times you'll be a little pleasantly suprised.

i'm so jealous of those living at higher elevations i'll admit it. 900-1100 feet IMO is impressive. 1350 -2k is f'n awesome (esp in WNE/upslope lake enhanced snows...) and above 2.5 K is just other worldly in New england.

It hasn't really helped in the Monadnocks this year...Pete's area has done much better. I'm amazed at how he's holding onto decent snowpack while we have had bare ground for weeks despite similar elevations.

Archived