• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sat Night 2/18 - Light Snow Chance

NorEastermass128

12z NAM shows some light snow moving through the area from NY state.

12z RGEM (usually a paltry model) shows some snows too, esp N of the Pike.

GFS/EURO each had some semblance of light precip tomorrow night.

Maybe someone out by GC can get an inch or two. Maybe we can get flakes - coating by the coast. Temps are marginal at best. Should get into the upper 40s tomorrow afternoon as our friends down south get a snowstorm.

We can convert this thread into an obs/discussion one if/when it merits a change.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not expecting anything..and noone else anywhere in SNE should be either

ah the years when the Nstream would blow through with an Arctic front laying down 1-2 inches, a Miller B bomb would fly up the next afternoon plastering heavy snow, then the ULL would pass overhead dropping another 2-3 with huge fluffy dendrites followed by single digit nights. ah what winter was like back way in 2011

Someone may get lucky with a heavier burst and crack an inch. I do think there will be a period of light snow across most areas. The lift is pretty decent, and all other parameters are good for a band of snow to develop.

Nothing against you at all..but we've heard this too many times this year. Maybe this time it happens..but I would bet we see nothing but widely scattered flurries/snow showers

Nothing against you at all..but we've heard this too many times this year. Maybe this time it happens..but I would bet we see nothing but widely scattered flurries/snow showers

I don't think it's widespread 1" amounts so don't get excited, but probably widespread flurries/snow showers with a band where someone may get an inch. You're making it sound like people are going for a clipper to come through.

I don't think it's widespread 1" amounts so don't get excited, but probably widespread flurries/snow showers with a band where someone may get an inch. You're making it sound like people are going for a clipper to come through.

BOX says congrats everyone, except Mt. Baldy

post-1511-0-29573500-1329515864.jpg

Yeah its not like a widespread 1-3 is progged. But this def looks better than some of those other windex type events where there was always a parameter or two missing and the models weren't printing out qpf...this type we have lift, moisture, and instability...and models are all printing out a band of qpf....so I think its likely there's some snow for most people tomorrow night...but people shouldn't expect widespread accumulations.

Flakes in the air is a win this winter. I do think there will be some lucky spots that get a heavier burst. Prob GC to Socks...maybe ORH hills.

Yeah its not like a widespread 1-3 is progged. But this def looks better than some of those other windex type events where there was always a parameter or two missing and the models weren't printing out qpf...this type we have lift, moisture, and instability...and models are all printing out a band of qpf....so I think its likely there's some snow for most people tomorrow night...but people shouldn't expect widespread accumulations.

Flakes in the air is a win this winter. I do think there will be some lucky spots that get a heavier burst. Prob GC to Socks...maybe ORH hills.

Yeah I see a narrow band where someone may pick up maybe >1". There are those paremeters in there.

I'm not expecting anything..and noone else anywhere in SNE should be either

Saturday: Snow showers likely, mainly after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 37. West wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 20. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Archived