e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW the euro ensembles actually would imply a nice comma head appearance over the Cape and maybe se mass..just basing how the isobars look. Better than 00z anwyays. It's pretty much time to abandon ensembles when you are this close, but just saying what they showed. Probably overall a better appearance in general for the region.

I'm wondering if eastern areas...esp the Cape and SE MA but perhaps even BOS....will get into some pretty good banding on the western flank of the commahead. A lot of the guidance is showing that there could be some good banding.

That's my concern. BOS could be extremely close to it...probably another tease.

That's my concern. BOS could be extremely close to it...probably another tease.

There could be a pretty sharp cutoff to the heavier snow...and I wonder if it ends up inching further west than models have it....esp in response to that potent northern stream...just sort of thinking out load here.

I just read this page from top to bottom, the NAM is:

1. A little west.

2. A little east

3. Better for some

4. Worse for some

NAM most importantly is igniting a pretty wicked band of precip off the Carolinas after midnight. Forget about it after that...the changes seem to fade off into oblivion on this model after 18 hours. There's a huge, clear struggle to see which batch of convection is going to end up being nearest to the home of the surface low. I really like that in the last 6 hours the NAM ramped up what's going on at 6z tonight near the Carolinas.

We're close to seeing the battle won further north, but at 15-18 the moisture transport is muted a bit by teh southern convection still.

There could be a pretty sharp cutoff to the heavier snow...and I wonder if it ends up inching further west than models have it....esp in response to that potent northern stream...just sort of thinking out load here.

I left my 2-4" with 2-3 in the "likely" category because of that band. Meaning, the risk to 4" could happen if better banding occurs.I could see a situation where it makes it to..say Weymouth or something , but it stays just east of the city....so close. However, if this gets its act together even 2-3 hrs earlier...it may push everything like 20 miles or so further west. On the other hand, I hope it's not crappy echoes just west of that band, because that could be a problem as well..lol.

That 850 closes off just S of us. :snowing:

As excited for this area and a lot of us as I've been in a long long time.

It's quite possible we're going to see the developments to the north continue to improve, I don't think I buy the fade that takes place 12-18h in the 18z. Even with that you can see the improvement to the north.

This has the potential to slide well into the major storm category.

Kind of looks to me like a moderate band will be just off-shore of PWM and it will break coming inland on the north shore ...re-coagulating as a broken arc leaving southern RI.. Another band will also have a mysterious break that is exactly the width of Cape Cod, pounding S++ with thunder in CC Bay, that breaks again on the lower arm as it resurges in strength arcing Seaward.

Can you imagine this winter doing anything else ?

Archived