e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it seems like we are pretty much locked. 1-3 for most with maybe 2-4 for BOS and a stripe of 4-6 perhaps near Bob and upper Cape?

yeah i think that's looking like a good call. i had held more in the 2-3/4 range pending the 12z suite (mainly euro) as i thought stuff would trend just a shade drier. but looks good for a bit more.

Well lets get something this week, and then Eli Hail Mary it this weekend (gosh that was paniful to say).

If it brings us snow you can endure the pain....lol...

I've been liking the evolution of the pattern. It most assuredly has changed. Now let's see if the actual wx can.

yeah no point of sticking around here hoping for a good winter lol. We've gotten 25" or so BUF...woefully below normal.

Thanks, guys. It's not perfect...I'd rather get a NWS career job...but it's a hell of a lot better than living with my parents being a pharmacy tech.

congrats... grow some dwarf citrus trees for me until agw makes winters here warm enough

Same model pattern repeats. Euro has the general architecture of the qpf best pinned but undershoots a bit and bumps up.

Could be a good crushing hit somewhere between Bob and Phil. You guys always say the deformation band forms further nw. 4-8" seems good here

Congrats! I'll take my 2-3 or 4 and run. Just got the first round of catch in, so I'm having spring fever right now anyway.

Should be good ratios in most of this event, so areas not in the meat of the band with some elevation could fall into Kevin's range if that preceding band forms, along with maybe some sort of enhanced band among the lighter echoes. Probably more the exception rather than the rule, but may happen.

They've dumped so much salt on the rds today and yesterday that the snow is going to have all kinds of trouble sticking tomorrow on the paved/treated surfaces.

This is the new mantra. I've seen more salt dumped for the few inches that Boston has had this winter vs some winters with 10x the amount.

Euro and GFS are almost identical.

I'll take it. .2-.25 here on the EC, Ukie, and gfs. I like a call of 1-3" here although I'd lean towards the 3". Still hoping this comes like 25-50 miles west last minute.

Congrats to Phil...6" looking likely there imo....he might be beating me in sf totals after this storm if he pulled off like 7-8" and I only got 1" :arrowhead:

I think that's developing more in response to the northern vort and then the southern stream pest takes over and it refocuses further east.,

It's a few different things trying to induce lift. If it's down near the coast, it may waist some time trying to cool the boundary layer, but could give an inch or so further inland.

Archived