Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I get 4", I'll never nimrod again.

yeah, you know - I'm not sure why KTAN has termed the advisory/snow for your area of Mass. That doesn't make a great deal of synoptic sense to me. I wouldn't blame this on the ocean, as if anything there is more westerly component, from a source region of anomalously low DP air. Hygroscopic feed back should cause a good deal of pervasive pooling (evaporational cooling...), and should my hunch that the warm boundary has trouble moving N of the apparent west-east cloud motion be true, ...well. either way, I don't see why it snows

4" near Sturbridge and less than 1" where you are.

N CT is probably the most favored spot at the moment...but i think everyone will get something.

This has been unequivocally, without a flirtation of a doubt, THE worst winter in history for the Boston area. The area has been singled out within a mainstream sea of historic suck. That zone has gotten "screwed", if possible, in the meager $hitshow events that we have received...and of course the Oct fluke.

I'm in that zone, but Boston is the epicenter.....N, W AND S (Cape Cod) have all fared better......never seen anything like this.

Once again, rinse and repeat....

This has been unequivocally, without a flirtation of a doubt, THE worst winter in history for the Boston area. The area has been singled out with a mainstream sea of historic suck. The area has gotten "screwed", if possible, in the meager $hitshow events that we have received...and of course the Oct fluke.

I'm in that zone, but Boston is the epicenter.....N, W AND S (Cape Cod) have all fared better......never seen anything like this.

Once again, rinse and repeat....

Yeah been a rough time around BOS...though I think E MA is going to finally be the favored area in the upcoming clipper Thu night.

Yeah been a rough time around BOS...though I think E MA is going to finally be the favored area in the upcoming clipper Thu night.

Everything is relative....the way this season has gone, the implications of us being "favored" will likely mean that we will be in line for a heavier coating. lol

Thanks, you guys Up north have saved NE this year from being a disaster, check out the West Cams. Heavenly is barren. This is Mt Shasta, however they are finally expecting 3-5 feet by weeks end.

http://skipark.com/the-mountain/cams

I know most of the SNE brethren feel the same way ;) But its still pretty close to a disaster up here, we've just been doing alright since Christmas. 90% of December was atrocious.

And yeah, the stuff out west is just ridiculous. If folks think BOS is having a bad year... try averaging 500" a year and looking at dirt in mid January.

I absolutely hate when folks use the Pike as a demarcation line.

The south of the pike crew can have the golden terd award for cleaning up in a garbage season.....I'm ok with it seeing that they'll never do to this side of the pike what we do to them in seasons like 1970-'71, 1993-'94, 2007-'08 and 2008-'09.

The south of the pike crew can have the golden terd award for cleaning up in a garbage season.....I'm ok with it seeing that they'll never do to this side of the pike what we do to them in seasons like 1970-'71, 1993-'94, 2007-'08 and 2008-'09.

I'm going on a run like the AL(me) did to the NL(you) in the AS game the last 12 yrs..until this past summer

Archived