CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol the 16z HRRR has 2"/hour rates for Kevin at 11pm tonight...what a weenie model....it doesn't last though...total snowfall is still 1-2" with a jackpot of 2-3".

I feel like you will get your delay tomorrow morning. Maybe an 1"-1.5" sn followed by 1/16" ice? Looks like 2m temps on Euro stay below freezing around here well into the morning. Regardless these minor events are pretty intresting in how sensible weather can vary over a small area (typical 32.5 R- mby , 31.7 .1" glaze at the top of my street ~100' higher in elevation)

I feel like you will get your delay tomorrow morning. Maybe an 1"-1.5" sn followed by 1/16" ice? Looks like 2m temps on Euro stay below freezing around here well into the morning. Regardless these minor events are pretty intresting in how sensible weather can vary over a small area (typical 32.5 R- mby , 31.7 .1" glaze at the top of my street ~100' higher in elevation)

Hopefully you're right...but if we didn't get one Thursday then I doubt we get one tomorrow. Btw, congrats NW RI on 5" on 17z HRRR. :lmao:

acsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

15z SREFs are certainly bullish for the NWCT up into ORH hills area.

I think a lot of SE Mass starts as snow with this one, even down into Taunton and even souther of there throughout interior SE Mass. I think a widespread 1/2 inch or so right to the coast of Eastern Mass with this, to 1-2 even in the coastal plain maybe Andover to Topsfield.

Wouldn't surprise me if this busted high and we saw 1-2 inch totals into the 128 region south to Randolph.

Archived