CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately going to be tough to avoid the big temp rise tomorrow and tomorrow night i think. but an inch or two of snow certainly possible.

Yeah I don't think I can avoid getting to 40-42 or so tomorrow aftenoon..but if it's topped off with a little ice..maybe it can lock a little snowcover in..then if we can all grab another 1-2 Thursday and then the Saturday event..That's our winter

Strong LLJ on the GFS feeding in moisture. Even gives my area a shot at an inch. It's all going to depend on how the moisture comes together. If it takes too long..then forget it.

The whole setup is interesting, in that it's not really warmth lifted up over a front..it's all just upglide over a colder atmosphere

CT has probably already called off school in the border regions.

lol

Most schools that were hit with Irene damage (we were closed for about a week) are hoping they don't have to cancel. The schools that were hit with Irene and the snow from October are really screwed if they have to close this winter for snow. Although, right now it doesn't seem like we will have to worry about that this winter.

Strong LLJ on the GFS feeding in moisture. Even gives my area a shot at an inch. It's all going to depend on how the moisture comes together. If it takes too long..then forget it.

The whole setup is interesting, in that it's not really warmth lifted up over a front..it's all just upglide over a colder atmosphere

Congrats on your first significant snowfall of the season

I still think the cold ground may provide for a more extended icing situation than would otherwise been modeled. Below 0 the last two nights, yesterday never hit double digits, and sitting at 15.3/4 at 1:00p.m. Probably won't impact trees too much, but I think there's a lot of ground cold that needs to be elmiminated before plain rain can begin.

I still think the cold ground may provide for a more extended icing situation than would otherwise been modeled. Below 0 the last two nights, yesterday never hit double digits, and sitting at 15.3/4 at 1:00p.m. Probably won't impact trees too much, but I think there's a lot of ground cold that needs to be elmiminated before plain rain can begin.

Yep. I agree.

Yup. I noticed the clouds starting to roll in as I went out for lunch.

Still some sun, but it's essentially a cloudy afternoon here and thickening.

1/10th :banned:

LOL

27/3...point and click just updated to add 1-2" of snow followed by light zr after 5am. Hoping for a delay tomorrow.

Still "up to an inch" here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccFY-srxQq8&feature=related

ill take it this is a major win this season...

Tonight: Snow showers and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 4am, then snow showers and sleet between 4am and 5am, then snow showers and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain after 5am. Low around 26. Southwest wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tuesday: Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 3pm. Patchy fog. High near 41. Southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Archived