12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitch, what are you thinking? 15-20 miles either side of the Pike looks good to me.

I like a general 2-4" event for this area. There could be a spot 5" amount somewhere. The precipitation is rather disorganized and showery in nature, so I expect a fair amount of variability in the snowfall totals around here. Someone who gets lucky and gets blasted under some of the heavier echoes could see 5", while another location gets screwed and only gets an inch or two. I don't think the changeover occurs until around 10Z-12Z.

We see some rain showers in the mid to upper 30s tomorrow. Cold front blasts through tomorrow night with some possible upslope snow showers. I don't expect it to be more than a coating to 1" deal if they occur at all. The upslope signal is nowhere near what it was for last Friday, but it could freshen things up if it occurs. Of course, the cold will bulletproof our snow after whatever rain falls tomorrow afternoon.

Weenie flakes beginning to fly here. Virga doesn't appear to be much of an issue here so far.

Archived