wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Jan 2012 Banter Thread

LongBeachSurfFreak

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW they are getting slammed upstate...places near the lake getting up to a foot, most of central/nothern nys getting 6+...looks like most of NE and upstate ny will be snow covered and most of midwest...huge change, too bad it will all melt next week

Webcam of Buffalo

http://buffalowebcam.com/live-webcams/elmwood-avenue-panos-restaurant

FWIW they are getting slammed upstate...places near the lake getting up to a foot, most of central/nothern nys getting 6+...looks like most of NE and upstate ny will be snow covered and most of midwest...huge change, too bad it will all melt next week

NNE might be able to hold on to some of that snowpack...the lakes region might be screwed though.

so way that's right--NYC all time high for Jan is 71-no way could they be 86

Yeah it also says there was a wind gust to 121. I'm guessing a keying error or bad ob. Wunderground is handy... but I suspect they've done an initial load of historical data from NCDC and have never bothered to update it or QC it as NCDC does from time to time.

Last Saturday CDW registered 76 or 78 at one point. Clearly it was wrong but I think these smaller sites sometimes have screwy observations from time to time

Yeah it also says there was a wind gust to 121. I'm guessing a keying error or bad ob. Wunderground is handy... but I suspect they've done an initial load of historical data from NCDC and have never bothered to update it or QC it as NCDC does from time to time.

Archived