Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2012 Banter Thread

LongBeachSurfFreak

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess im too gullable then

Definitely serious. Just because its winter does not mean people stop fishing and surfing. The current conditions are well above advisory criteria locally and could present danger to any boat heading out through local inlets, It only takes one breaking wave to really ruin a fishing boats day...

I guess commercial fisherman stop fishing in winter and need not be warned of potentially life threatening conditions around inlets this afternoon.

I was thinking about surfing not about the fishermen, looking back you are right. My apoligies, the fact you still surf now is a little nutty though ;) .

This winter is mother nature's way of balancing things out after the incredibly historic October snowfall.

That October storm had the lasting power of a 15 year old virgin boy. It was gone in a blink of an eye. Plus the tree damage was pointless. All those downed trees for what? So we can see a few inches in freakin July. What a waste of a storm. Then we had to endure a warm Novemver on top of it. What a waste of snow.

That October storm had the lasting power of a 15 year old virgin boy. It was gone in a blink of an eye. Plus the tree damage was pointless. All those downed trees for what? So we can see a few inches in freakin July. What a waste of a storm. Then we had to endure a warm Novemver on top of it. What a waste of snow.

Well its something that I'll never forget.

something tells me you are one pair of birkenstocks away from occupying wall street.

These cold season storms produce the best surf outside of hurricane swells around here.

Bingo! That was an incredible day! What people do not realize is modern wetsuit technology has bad winter surfing easy. 20 years ago (before I started winter surfing) it was the realm of nutcases. Now its accessible to the masses.

People forget that surfers (and skiers and boarders) are very tuned in to meteorology. This isn't Hawaii so if you want to score solid waves on the East Coast you need a solid grasp of meteorology.

This afternoons forecast was for blasting SW winds which would have meant blown out un-ridable surf. What we got was light NE offshore winds and excellent conditions hence the need for knowledge to score!

Archived