• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2012 Banter Thread

LongBeachSurfFreak

I wrote about the HRRR because Henry said it showed snow for NYC. I did not see the model lol. Since everyone has given up on this winter, watch February and March be really snowy and cold.

I love your optimism Ant but it's over bro.. We've been over due for a bad winter. Lets just suck it up and look forward to the next winter. Which hopefully is a el nino..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its something that I'll never forget.

Other than the snow in October, it was quite forgettable for me personally. The snow never went over a thick coating, maybe half an inch on grass and the backlash was putrid. The dry slot came in as well and allowed us to warm up and turn us back to rain. The wind was nothing special either. Just for here, it was your average rainy, sloppy slush day. I had a feeling deep down too that it was a jinx for the rest of winter and unfortunately it seems that was right. :axe:

I love your optimism Ant but it's over bro.. We've been over due for a bad winter. Lets just suck it up and look forward to the next winter. Which hopefully is a el nino..

I dislike Ninas just in general for us. Most of the time they're very boring around here other than extreme cases like 95-96 and last year with the hugely anomalous blocking (and notice how fast the winter ended when the flow up north became progressive again). I would take a Nino any day over a Nina. Ninas are for the Midwest, Northern Plains and NNE.

We had a measurable snowfall in 07-08 with a much stronger La Nina; the only way we get that little snow (< 10" for the season) is if the AO and NAO continue to rage positive through March. Even the much talked about 01-02 winter had a 4" event in January. We don't live in the tropics, like DC, so there's no doubt we'll get snow at some point.

i dunno. crazy poo happens.

check out this freaky little ditty.....

total snow

feb 1, 2010 - feb 1, 2011: 94"

feb 1, 2011 - feb 1, 2012: 7" (so far)

(imby)

Well about the only thing I can say after viewing the ECM is IF it has the correct ideal ENJOY THE COLD in its transient shots because if the ECM is correct -WELCOME TO SPRING!

Amazing/disgusting to see the warmth again not just confined to one part of the country but flooding the whole conus. Still hope we salvage a decent 10-14 day period somewhere later in Feb but boy this winter is just one beat down after another

Spring will feature major -nao with well below temps and very wet. You can book that.

Nope, the decadal -NAO has been over hyped. We are gonna torch this spring all the way through next November. Major drought signal too. Could be seeing water shortages as early as June with exreme conditions by beginning of September.

Nope, the decadal -NAO has been over hyped. We are gonna torch this spring all the way through next November. Major drought signal too. Could be seeing water shortages as early as June with exreme conditions by beginning of September.

Doubt it. I would bank on a well below March through June.

Archived