wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Jan 2012 Banter Thread

LongBeachSurfFreak

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70'S can happen in the winter, and you don't need a terrible pattern to get them either. I remember one instance in the past few years where we had highs in the 70's 3 or 4 days in a row only to get a SECS a few days later. I believe that was in February but the exact year escapes me. It was definitliy in the last ten or fifteen though.

Yep, take for example the record high/low for January compared to the mean vs the same for July:

January

Avg high: 38 / Record high: 72 / Departure: +34

Avg low: 27 / Record low: -6 / Departure: -33

July

Avg high: 84 / Record high: 106 / Departure: +22

Avg low: 69 / Record low: 52 / Departure: -17

big time concern from farmers about the apple trees. They are ready to bud and if they do, say goodbye to northeast apple production. By apple futures now.

They'd be subject to a significant freeze (which unless we are in some sort of Armageddon state now will happen in Feb) after blooming which would kill them off for the season?

They'd be subject to a significant freeze (which unless we are in some sort of Armageddon state now will happen in Feb) after blooming which would kill them off for the season?

Yes, they don't rebud, so that's it. They are done. And they are bulging right now, the heat at the end of this month would most certainly cause them to come out.

Buy the apple futures now, you'll make a killing.

My what a difference a year makes. A year ago at this time people were complaining because they only got 8 or 9" instead of a foot plus that fell N&E of the city.

Had a squall come through at around 9:15 here in New Brunswick with strong gusty winds and snow. It was mostly flurries although I'd say it reached "light snow" criteria at points. So exciting! :thumbsup: Likely the only snow we'll see for a while...

Are people really already calling a forecast 10+ days out?!!!!!

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This winter, how hard can it possibly be to just forecast warm with occasional rain/windstorm events? I won't mind 60s if it's sunny and we're not going to get any snow threats either way. Let it torch the rest of the winter then.

This winter, how hard can it possibly be to just forecast warm with occasional rain/windstorm events? I won't mind 60s if it's sunny and we're not going to get any snow threats either way. Let it torch the rest of the winter then.

Yep, if I can't enjoy my mid-storm runs through Central Park (running in the snow is the best), might as well enjoy the sundresses.

Archived