Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Jan 2012 Banter Thread

LongBeachSurfFreak

This map kind of says it all.

CPC Day 8-14 temperature outlook.

Not to attack them, but this is the truth - the cold needs to be pretty blatantly obvious for them to forecast it. Just look through their probabilistic outlooks going through 12 months. Beyond month 2.5, there are only red shadings on the US temp map. Even in the 2 week to 2 month period, the cold zones are quite small, and in areas where they're very confident it will occur due to the -PDO cold waters (Southern AK and NW US).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the ECMWF day 10 prompted me to look up the January records for KDCA. The record maximums for each day but three are in the 70s which surprised me. At this rate, you can probably hold the cherry blossom festival the last week of January.

Should look like May around there with all the trees blooming

Anxiously awaiting the 18z goofus. Shall we take bets on whether or not the system will be there at 192?

I ran my scan of the world models, including KMA/JMA/Australia/some of the Europe ones that show the whole world and most show some sort of storm over the US during that 180-200 hour but virtually none are as cold as the GFS is.

That storm looks more like an overrunning event than a clipper.

I truthfully hope that I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. I think the best we can hope for is that system around 192 hours in between torches and until we get some agreement between the Euro and GFS on a whole scale pattern change that shows no signs of every coming. Seriously, if we get a few days in the 70's people are going to be hard pressed to complain. Nobody likes 50's and rain but warm weather is intoxicating.

Think of it this way, if its snowing on Long Island its most definitly snowing in the NW burbs or at least cold enough to snow. There are a few rare occasions where a storm is supressed far enough south that the Island gets into the snow and mostly everyone else misses out, but I don't recall any recent scenarios where the Island had a big event and NJ did very poor.

100 years or so a good sample size. I personally like to look at 1970 to present. Technology has come a long way since then and we are more accurate at measuring snow now.

Oh and love the flood comment, Its nice to see I hit a nerve.

December 2009? We just had a debate about this actually. IMBY in western suffolk we got 16-18, Trials got 9...Upton got 26...

There were several events i remember, but im writing a letter to a judge now and dont have time to list em all...any helpers?

December 2009? We just had a debate about this actually. IMBY in western suffolk we got 16-18, Trials got 9...Upton got 26...

There were several events i remember, but im writing a letter to a judge now and dont have time to list em all...any helpers?

worst storm ever.

Add February 1978 also....

LI 24-30+'

NJ did not get that much....

Off topic but the Nats are going to become the Blue Jays of the NL East, they will be good but with ATL and Philly THAT MUCH better they won't be able to go anywhere.

The NL East is stacked. The Mets are ****ed for a long long time...Jose was a big blow and i think Wright should have been off loaded.

I think 10 games back by May 15...

I did say on a few rare occasions LI gets big snow and NJ does poorly. It depends on what you define as poor as well. If I get 6" and Upton gets 20" I don't consider that doing poorly. I take my 6" to the bank and I'm happy because six inches is better than 0 inches. How about this winter? I bet 99% of the people on here would take any snow they can get right now, hence the excitement earlier for flurries.

The NL East is stacked. The Mets are ****ed for a long long time...Jose was a big blow and i think Wright should have been off loaded.

I think 10 games back by May 15...

M

My guess is the Jose non-deal will look good 10 years from now, the team will never have been good enough to compete from 2012-2017 and they will have saved alot of money on a guy who in my opinion will spend heaps of time on the DL and retire at age 34 or 35 anyway, not because of injuries but because Jose is the type of guy who will want to spend time with his family and do other things as opposed to drawing out his career when he no longer can put up solid #s.

M

My guess is the Jose non-deal will look good 10 years from now, the team will never have been good enough to compete from 2012-2017 and they will have saved alot of money on a guy who in my opinion will spend heaps of time on the DL and retire at age 34 or 35 anyway, not because of injuries but because Jose is the type of guy who will want to spend time with his family and do other things as opposed to drawing out his career when he no longer can put up solid #s.

Not a bad point at all. It was a ton of money so i cannot say i blame the mets. i just dont see what the game plan is. the farm system sucks. there are no solid players on the team anymore. Pitching? Weve been waiting for Pelfrey to be consistent for 4+ years now. I think this team is done until new ownership comes in, cleans house and drops 150 mill +

Archived