• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday - January 8, 2012 - What storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Do we really want the gfs to have the storm at this point? I guess it is inside 108-120 hours now so maybe.

I'm perfectly fine with the GFS staying a little damped out for now. My only concern is if it's a matter of which gets more energy ... the first or second s/w within the trough ... which it appears it is based on comparing the last few runs.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well hey, let's see...

For Concord, NH the record is 122"

They're at 26.3" now ... if you think about it, if you ignore the abomination of a December, and just look at the end of the year as a whole, we're going into January above normal on the season so far!!!!!

So give 20" to January, 40" to February, 30" to March, and 10" to April ... BOOM. Record. ;)

Exactly! ahaha

could happen, sh t -

how pointless would all the whining have been made should that happen - It's really nothing more than a group of cigarett smoker's in a nic-fit

LOL..what happened to Wed nite?

Shortwave trended more diffuse...we still probably will have scattered flurries around from it, but it doesn't look as good as it did a couple days ago when we had the shot at some more organized snow shower activity or even a period of light snow.

Not that it was ever a big threat, but it was the type of thing that could have given a coating to possibly an inch.

Its something to track anyways as long as the euro holds on to the solution for a couple more days then i agree with most here that it would be a legit threat, The gfs, Having it OTS right now is a good thing, But we will proceed with caution and a side of optimisum...

We don't accept congratulations outside of 12 hours anymore up here. I think I might be speaking for Brian Jeff and Eric.

But thanks for the thought....

Congrats Toronto Blizzard!

That 12z Euro run could not be any better for us here, Thats why i know its wrong mark....lol

Throw it out...DGEX is a big hit. :weenie:

La la la lock it up!

Is that bad?

No. At least IMO.The further southwest that cuts off, the weaker ridging will be over the southeast, limiting the typical SW flow north trend.

My post from earlier:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/31234-january-pattern-change-thread/page__st__980__p__1242639#entry1242639

We'll see what happens... only 20 more runs of the GFS to go lol

La la la lock it up!

No. At least IMO.The further southwest that cuts off, the weaker ridging will be over the southeast, limiting the typical SW flow north trend.

My post from earlier:

http://www.americanw...39#entry1242639

I think you make a good point there..hopefully that s/w doesn't dig to much and send it north.

That 12z Euro run could not be any better for us here, Thats why i know its wrong mark....lol

La la la lock it up!

My post from earlier:

http://www.americanw...39#entry1242639

Thinking back to the last event, it's only really fun when it gets down to the last two runs before it completely sh*ts the bed. And the EC, and the NAM........

Thinking back to the last event, it's only really fun when it gets down to the last two runs before it completely sh*ts the bed. And the EC, and the NAM........

lol, and we're still a couple days away from the NAM range ... and 4 days away from it being useful ;)

I think you make a good point there..hopefully that s/w doesn't dig to much and send it north.

If the Euro ENS have a clue, the PV actually slides SE enough to force the gradient south, confluence would not allow a cutter. Seems reasonable depiction, I would be invested if I lived in CNE.

If the Euro ENS have a clue, the PV actually slides SE enough to force the gradient south, confluence would not allow a cutter. Seems reasonable depiction, I would be invested if I lived in CNE.

LIke most of these storms...that is the thing to watch..the extent to which the synoptic set up will likely push it se or push it nw. lack of blocking in general pushes it nw, some confluence pushes it se.

Archived