Newest Member
    EWR757
Sunday - January 8, 2012 - What storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I don't think so

I'm officially starting to get a little annoyed with this winter. I was fine through December because 1) I was distracted by a lot of work, and 2) I was still consoled by the October snowstorm. But now, the snowless streak is starting to get to me.

Fixed the thread title. My juju has to have an equal an opposing opposite. It's the law of physics that can't be messed with.

We'll give it a shot. Next time, just start out with it that way. Even if all model guidance is showing a blizzard, we make a thread titled:

"January 8, 2012 - Dull, boring, and obviously uneventful Discussion"

Another 7-8 days of boring wx possibly.

We can't even get a reasonable threat to last into day 3. I suppose it's for the best, because it would be bigger heart break, but man this is getting a little old.

The pattern change is always 10+ days off, and I predict it will stay that way through the end of the month, or slowly damp into three days of below normal temps followed by the 795th torch of the season

We can't even get a reasonable threat to last into day 3. I suppose it's for the best, because it would be bigger heart break, but man this is getting a little old.

The pattern change is always 10+ days off, and I predict it will stay that way through the end of the month, or slowly damp into three days of below normal temps followed by the 795th torch of the season

LOL, well I think we are within 10 days or so. Basically after the warm up next week...we'll probably see things change. As I said to Kevin...there are still questions as to how it will play out, but at least we are getting rid of the pesky vortex. We'll just have to see what the results are and I still have some questions, but I'll take my chances for now.

*Ryan* The pattern has clearly gotten to you. *Ryan*

uh oh....

i think you should take a break from the board.

:lol:

lol

I've had more snow than you

Who the hell cares about real snow?? My seasonal fantasy day 5-8 forecasted snow total is 63"... I've had a fantasy KU storm and in that storm it snow 3" per hour at one point.. favorite fantasy storm of season so far

Lol Scott.. this pattern is getting to me.. I shoud probably start drinking

I think we have a better shot at something next weds then this sunday..

lol - And by next Monday we will be hoping for the next threat that is 7 days out. This desperate way of thinking will continue until mid - March whre by then all life will have been sucked out of the SNE forum, except for Wiz who by then will be getting excited for thunderstorms.

Funny thing is, I think it was Ryan who noted after the October storm that that storm may be the biggest we see this season.

That really wasn't all the difficult to imagine though. As was noted several times, that storm was significant even for the middle of winter. For areas with 15+" from October, climatology says it's very likely that that is the largest storm of the season

lol - And by next Monday we will be hoping for the next threat that is 7 days out. This desperate way of thinking will continue until mid - March whre by then all life will have been sucked out of the SNE forum, except for Wiz who by then will be getting excited for thunderstorms.

And the cutter scenario that is depicted for next weds-thurs on the 12z gfs has a real chance of verifying this winter

Who the hell cares about real snow?? My seasonal fantasy day 5-8 forecasted snow total is 63"... I've had a fantasy KU storm and in that storm it snow 3" per hour at one point.. favorite fantasy storm of season so far

Make sure you clean up after yourself

LOL, well I think we are within 10 days or so. Basically after the warm up next week...we'll probably see things change. As I said to Kevin...there are still questions as to how it will play out, but at least we are getting rid of the pesky vortex. We'll just have to see what the results are and I still have some questions, but I'll take my chances for now.

True. And decent agreement for that deep trough to help pull / consolidate a split PV lobe onto this side of the globe. How far south it gets depends on whether we can actually develop some blocking ridges on either side of the continent.

Lol Scott.. this pattern is getting to me.. I shoud probably start drinking

I had 3 thundersnow events since October... on some model runs...

Why is everyone flipping out? Next week wasn't supposed to be snowy lol. Why is everyone taking bottles of pills over the models today?? this was expected. the pattern change is complete by mid month

We are taking a page out of the WOTY book, We want to flop around like a mackeral

Archived