• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
What's your Season Total Snowfall so far?

TugHillMatt

I was watching the local news last night and the OCM said Port Columbus is recording 11.3" for the season so far.

bullsh*t....even he said that seemed odd and most areas in central ohio probably have seen 5 or 6" tops

Saw the same thing. I want to meet the person who does the measuring down there!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting at 22.4" imby, just 19 days with 1"+ or more of snow on the ground.

I have kept snowfall tabs since 1995-96, and my least snowy winter was 27.2" in 1997-98. I have kept snowcover tabs since 2000, and my winter with the least amount of 1"+ snowcover days was 2001-02 with 35 days, so this winter certainly has a shot at being my barest winter since 2000. Ironically my whitest was last winter, with 81 days.

Sitting at 22.4" imby, just 19 days with 1"+ or more of snow on the ground.

I have kept snowfall tabs since 1995-96, and my least snowy winter was 27.2" in 1997-98. I have kept snowcover tabs since 2000, and my winter with the least amount of 1"+ snowcover days was 2001-02 with 35 days, so this winter certainly has a shot at being my barest winter since 2000. Ironically my whitest was last winter, with 81 days.

What makes the paltry number of days with snow cover this year even worse than what they are is the number of days where the snow was in melt mode. There are only a handful of days where you can really say it looked wintry outside. Often times even an official inch or two or three of snow on the ground is accompanied by huge bare patches scattered about. That's what makes this winter feel hardly like winter at all; I think we were lucky to have at most 3 consecutive days of snow on the ground where it wasn't melting.

Agree Trent. After 81 days of 1"+ cover last winter, most of which were 6"+....I can actually go over every day this winter, and yes, if anything, some days werent even a full day of snowcover. But to be fair, thats how it always has been (snow depth is obs time).

In addition to 19 days of 1"+ snowcover we had 20 days with a T of snowcover.

Nov 30- 1" --- actually 0.6", which was a T by afternoon

Dec 06- 2" --- wet 2" snow, a T by evening

Dec 09- 1" --- 0.9" of powder, cold

Dec 10- 1" --- powder but settled to T through the day despite cold

Jan 14- 2" --- cold, powder

Jan 15- 3" --- cold, bright, powder

Jan 16- 2" --- snow melted by afternoon

Jan 20- 1" --- cold, powder

Jan 21- 3" --- cold, powder

Jan 22- 3" --- cold, powder

Jan 23- 1" --- melted by late morn

Jan 27- 1" --- melted by noon, and actually 0.7"

Jan 30- 1" --- cold, powder

Jan 31- 1" --- melted by 10am

Feb 11- 5" --- cold, powder

Feb 12- 4" --- cold, powder

Feb 13- 4" --- mild but still wintry

Feb 14- 3" --- refresher snow

Feb 15- 3" --- white all day, melted mostly late

Cracked the 30" mark today our 12th 1-2" event

Sitting at an even 23.0" imby.DTW is at 22.2". If not one flake of snow fell the rest of the way (obviously not happening) this is only good for 13th least snowy winter. If DTW gets just 3" more (very very likely) they have already escaped the top 20 least snowy winters, and 5.5" more and they have escaped the top 30. Again, when all is said and done in April, 2011-12 will NOT be grabbing any futility attention in the record books.

I'll get this in here before tomorrow's storm...

Ann Arbor sitting at 33.6" for the season. Probably the lamest 33" in the history of forever though...

6 events >2"

2 events >3"

- - - so about 15", or about around half of the current total has come from < 2" events

Max storm total (3.5")

28 days with 1" of snow on the ground

7 days with 3" on the ground

Max snow depth: 4"

For all you Michgan friends out there:

I've had 49.6" this winter. I saw some nice size snowbanks in Denver on Feb. 9th.

Snow crushed my tree when there were green leaves on it.

Ann Arbor sitting at 33.6" for the season. Probably the lamest 33" in the history of forever though...

6 events >2"

2 events >3"

- - - so about 15", or about around half of the current total has come from < 2" events

Max storm total (3.5")

6 events >2"

2 events >3"

Max storm total (3.5")

Our stats..23.0" on season through 2/23/12. Worst winter we have seen in a long time, but in hindsight it could be worse.

0.1-0.9" events: 12

1.0-1.9" events: 3

2.0-2.9" events: 3

3.0-3.9" events: 0

4.0-4.9" events: 1

39 days with T+ on the ground

19 days with 1"+ on the ground

8 days with 3"+ on the ground

Max snow depth: 5"

21 calendar days with measurable snow

Fairly decent between TOL and DTW too...seems like youve done better in your neighborhood than TOL a few times though

FWA: 31.3"

TOL: 14.7"

DTW: 21.6"

The gradient continues between TOL and DTW now. 16.8" here at KTOL, 27.4" (which will likely be revised down a tad) at DTW, and 31.6" at Fort Wayne. I can't believe they've managed that much, almost double our snowfall here. If no snow fell again, we would end up 9th in least snow in a season... if we get another 2009 or 2010 March, it's entirely possible.

The gradient continues between TOL and DTW now. 16.8" here at KTOL, 27.4" (which will likely be revised down a tad) at DTW, and 31.6" at Fort Wayne. I can't believe they've managed that much, almost double our snowfall here. If no snow fell again, we would end up 9th in least snow in a season... if we get another 2009 or 2010 March, it's entirely possible.

The 4pm climate report yesterday for DTW was in error. The season total sits at 25.2" now, which is an exact match to my backyard, though its a product of sometimes having a little more there, sometimes a little more here, sometimes the same. Also checking the top 20 snowiest/least snowy winters list, #20 least snowy is 25.1" in 1988-89, so Detroit officially wont even make the top 20 least snowy winters this year! If they get 2.5" or more the rest of the way, they wont even make the top 30 :lol:. You can say a LOT of negative things about this winter and its lack of snowcover and lack of stretches of freezing weather, but we really have done decent with snowfall considering this has almost nationwide become known as the "year without a winter".

Also, TOL is at 16.9" on the season, which places them 11th least snowy. If they get 2.7" or less the rest of the way, they will make their top 20 least snowy winters list. I see that much like Detroit and many other cities in this region, Toledo has 5 of their top 20 snowiest winters having come in the last 10 years. We really were due for something like this, as much as I didnt see it coming and HATE to admit it.

Ahhgh, this must have been what jinxed it guys. My bad.

Actually ended up with 4.6" of snow over 48 hours from the in AA total from the storm and lake effect...but snow depth was never over 3". >_>

Season total at 38.2"

17.4". I have a gut feeling (and this is huge for someone who's more negative than not) that my 23" futility record set back in 2009-10 is safe.

:facepalm:

What looked like a nice 2 week period of semi-decent snowfall chances managed to yield a whopping 1.3".

18.7" for the season. Only divine intervention is going to save us from the embarrassment of breaking the futility record twice in three years.

Archived