12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be quite a sharp cutoff wherever it sets up. However, not liking how showery/spotty the radar looks.

The latest model trends do show a dry slot so to speak setting up for a few hours before the deform swings through in the overnight, from about 1am-6am should be our best window for snow. We knew all along that the best snow would be in a narrow band to our west, so as CRAZY as it sounds, I actually wouldnt mind a bit for a few dry hours to at least let some of the standing water soak into the grass ahead of the snow :lol:. Surface temps look to quickly fall below freezing during the snow, plus it will be overnight, so solid 10-1 ratios certainly seem plausible, so hopefully we will ring out a good 1 inch here downriver, with 2-3" your way.

Lots of wrecks I am guessing throughout Grant???

I don't know about Grant County, but up here in Huntington County, it has been a real mess since about 2 PM. Many wrecks and probably close to 100 slide offs. I thought we had some thundersnow around 6:30, but it ended up being power flashes. We've had numerous power outages.

I measured 4.6" of cement at 7PM.

The latest model trends do show a dry slot so to speak setting up for a few hours before the deform swings through in the overnight, from about 1am-6am should be our best window for snow. We knew all along that the best snow would be in a narrow band to our west, so as CRAZY as it sounds, I actually wouldnt mind a bit for a few dry hours to at least let some of the standing water soak into the grass ahead of the snow :lol:. Surface temps look to quickly fall below freezing during the snow, plus it will be overnight, so solid 10-1 ratios certainly seem plausible, so hopefully we will ring out a good 1 inch here downriver, with 2-3" your way.

Already looking to do so as we speak. Unless i end up right on the edge as it continues to pivot.

This looks like thanksgiving 2004 all over again.

If we have a repeat of 2004-05 then Im ALL for it! :thumbsup: Plus, we will make up for it later in the winter when a storm fringes downriver. Last winter was the first in my memory where there were no storms that REALLY had a huge cutoff between western Wayne and eastern Wayne. Usually we have one that we are on the sh*t end and one that we are the jackpot.

I converted the latest summary to inches. I hit 2.06"... only natural that I'd overachieve... eh stormstormcanuk? haha

LOCATION                    	RAINFALL AMOUNT

WINDSOR                     	3.20"
HARROW                      	2.66"
SARNIA                      	2.26"
THEDFORD (S GRAND BEND)     	0.83" (AS OF 8 AM)
GODERICH                    	1.22"
MOUNT FOREST                	1.72"
RIDGETOWN                   	2.84"
NEW GLASGOW (SE RODNEY)     	1.85"
LONDON                      	2.31"
TILLSONBURG                 	1.01" (AS OF 8 AM)
DORCHESTER                  	0.97" (AS OF 8 AM)
DELHI                       	1.95"
WATERLOO INTL AIRPORT       	2.09"
ELORA                       	1.77"
HAMILTON                    	1.73"
HAMILTON BOTANICAL GARDENS  	1.66"
GRIMSBY MOUNTAIN            	1.81"
BEAMSVILLE                  	1.39" (AS OF 6 PM)
PORT WELLER                 	1.12"
WELLAND                     	0.88"
TORONTO PEARSON             	1.79"
BUTTONVILLE AIRPORT         	1.63"
TORONTO ISLAND              	1.77"
TORONTO CITY                	1.67"
TORONTO EAST YORK           	1.55" (AS OF 6 PM)
OSHAWA                      	1.57"
COBOURG                     	1.09"
PETERBOROUGH                	1.72"
TRENTON                     	1.13"
COLLINGWOOD                 	1.51"
ORILLIA                     	1.57" (AS OF 5 PM)
BARRIE                      	1.50"

Not crazy since it's reached it's pivot.

Good thing it will rotate back in overnight and brings us our whopping 1-2"

we knew it would be a small band that had some crazy totals, and you are in it. What are your biggest snowstorm totals in recent years?

Its like hitting the 50/50 jackpot to get that amount in a storm like this

Just across from Detroit :thumbsup:

WINDSOR, Ont. -- Tecumseh and Lakeshore residents must refrain from flushing their toilets as unsanitary waters may seep into unprotected basements.

The Town of Tecumseh and the Town of Lakeshore are asking residents to cease the use of wastewater generating activities, such washing machines, dishwashers, toilets and showers, until sewer levels subside.

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Tecumseh+Lakeshore+residents+told+avoid+flushing+toilets+until+flooding+subsides/5783857/story.html#ixzz1f9Itvyky

WINDSOR, Ont. -- Tecumseh and Lakeshore residents must refrain from flushing their toilets as unsanitary waters may seep into unprotected basements.

The Town of Tecumseh and the Town of Lakeshore are asking residents to cease the use of wastewater generating activities, such washing machines, dishwashers, toilets and showers, until sewer levels subside.

Now that's a mess.

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Tecumseh+Lakeshore+residents+told+avoid+flushing+toilets+until+flooding+subsides/5783857/story.html#ixzz1f9Itvyky

Read more: http://www.windsorst...l#ixzz1f9Itvyky

I saw from your list that Windsor had over 3" of rain. I believe it. We were at 2.24" imby near the Detroit River at 2:30, at the time DTW to my west was "only" at 1.90".

Archived