• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

Peru is not doing so hot right now. Seems like they are one of the hardest hit cities. They lost power completely for a short time when a transformer blew. Fox59 is reporting that the entire county has 8 inches of snow.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-semi-crash-police-tell-motorists-to-abandon-vehicles-following-crash-in-peru-20111129,0,4313491.column

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at my 03Z SmartCast trending a bit higher on the snowfall, Highest amounts of snow through 14Z is now in and around the areas of Pontiac, MI - Reynolds Field - Flint, MI with snow accumulations of 6-7" across this area. Looking at 05Z-08z for the heaviest snowfall rates of 1.4" an hour possible. Expanding list of cities now pegged for additional 2-4" of additional accumulations across areas Battle Creek, Lansing, Saginaw areas.

:rolleyes::lol:

STL is probably the ONE area on this board that has a legit gripe in recent years. The only way you can complain in metro-Detroit in recent years is if you hate snow. :snowman:

Well, fact of the matter is that I've been spoiled by hailing from inland Massachusetts, where I've seen forecasts of 2-4" in the morning become 15-20" by early afternoon, after which most of the snow had fallen by that point. Here, the biggest 'good' bust I've seen has been from 2-4" to 5-7", with a lot (though not necessarily a disproportionate amount) of overforecasted busts.

Well, fact of the matter is that I've been spoiled by hailing from inland Massachusetts, where I've seen forecasts of 2-4" in the morning become 15-20" by early afternoon, after which most of the snow had fallen by that point. Here, the biggest 'good' bust I've seen has been from 2-4" to 5-7", with a lot (though not necessarily a disproportionate amount) of overforecasted busts.

Relative to climo, pretty much every area in this region has seen numerous very snowy winters in recent years, especially Detroit, Chicago, and Milwaukee, but St Louis has been a huge exception. And since they already average way less than DTW, ORD, MKE, it must be frustrating for them. What part of Detroit do you reside? Last Feb 5th partly sunny turned to 4-6" of snow in a few hours, and last Feb 20th 1-3" turned into 10". But yeah, if you grew up in inland Massachusetts you are going to see some mighty noreasters you wont see here.

I live in Canton, in far western Wayne county.

Relative to climo, pretty much every area in this region has seen numerous very snowy winters in recent years, especially Detroit, Chicago, and Milwaukee, but St Louis has been a huge exception. And since they already average way less than DTW, ORD, MKE, it must be frustrating for them. What part of Detroit do you reside? Last Feb 5th partly sunny turned to 4-6" of snow in a few hours, and last Feb 20th 1-3" turned into 10". But yeah, if you grew up in inland Massachusetts you are going to see some mighty noreasters you wont see here.

:rolleyes::lol:

STL is probably the ONE area on this board that has a legit gripe in recent years. The only way you can complain in metro-Detroit in recent years is if you hate snow. :snowman:

Detrott however (along with St. Louis and Indianapolis) does have one grip though, and that's the lack of major/crippling snowstorm, climo notwithstanding.

Before January 2005, the last official 12"+ storm was 1974.

Within these snowy times (starting in 2007), EVERY MAJOR CITY in the Midwest and East Coast (and even some places in the south) except the three mentioned have had at least one.

The worst Detroit has had is a 10" storm (President's Day 2011), and while high impact, the particular storm wasn't really "crippling" or "major."

Detrott however (along with St. Louis and Indianapolis) does have one grip though, and that's the lack of major/crippling snowstorm, climo notwithstanding.

Before January 2005, the last official 12"+ storm was 1974.

Within these snowy times (starting in 2007), EVERY MAJOR CITY in the Midwest and East Coast (and even some places in the south) except the three mentioned have had at least one.

The worst Detroit has had is a 10" storm (President's Day 2011), and while high impact, the particular storm wasn't really "crippling" or "major."

I have only broken the 12 inch mark once in my entire life. This section of the country sucks for big dumps.

Archived