• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

Dynamic storm. Ripped snow earlier with temps falling to 32º...and now as it's pushed east of here, the temp is soaring. Up to 37º at my place and climbing. All my snow will be gone my morning. :lol::arrowhead:

Looks like we barely snuck in to the accumulating band of snow. Tough event but expectations panned out in the end.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of power outages being reporting across NE Indiana. Indiana Michigan Power is currently reporting 2002 outages. One of our field personnel who lives in Miami County said the roads are awful and heavy wet snow is covering all the branches and power lines so the outages aren't a surprise.

Power flickered on and off for about 5 seconds 4 times here in Dunlap between 6 and 6:30 p.m.

Sometimes its just painful waiting for the temps aloft and surface to cool. I wonder if lake Huron has anything to do with this slowness of this.

Just changed over here by Adrian about 20 min. ago. Switched in Toledo at about 5:45/6:00 pm. Actually switch over in SE Mich was timed out by NAM/GFS pretty well...both forecasted 850 to drop to below +1C at 0z and sfc wet bulbs to drop below 34F by 0z also even GFS lamp MOS had precip type switch at 0z So I'll give them that. I'm sure snow accum. will be off as usual :snowman: And as usual it appears I will be F*&% by the dry slot, already showing up on radar over extreme SE mich and toledo :facepalm:

We were lucky, that's for sure. I don't think you have to go too far north (Fowler, Remington, etc) or west and they got nada.

Yeah it seems that way. Obviously not a big event for us but I can't remember a November snowfall this big in quite a while. You have any idea when the last one was?

Yeah it seems that way. Obviously not a big event for us but I can't remember a November snowfall this big in quite a while. You have any idea when the last one was?

A couple recent 2"+ November storms.

November 2004 (pre Thanksgiving storm) had 2.1"

November 14-15, 1997 had 2.6"

To find one bigger than today's, based off the 2.8" I measured...November 27-28, 1980 with 5.0".

Yeah amazing how cloudtop temp somtimes overwelms ground temps. Good dendrites and heavy precip rates FTW

I remember the exact same arguement being made in the NE last month right before their storm. Obviously precip rate destroyed ground temp and solar angle agruement that day

Some of the recent higher reports out of the IWX CWA

0700 PM SNOW 2 N NORTH WEBSTER 41.36N 85.70W

11/29/2011 M5.6 INCH KOSCIUSKO IN NWS OFFICE

0700 PM HEAVY SNOW 2 SW PERU 40.73N 86.10W

11/29/2011 M6.5 INCH MIAMI IN EMERGENCY MNGR

POWER LINES DOWN THROUGHOUT COUNTY. US 24 RAMP TO US 31

N IS CLOSED DUE TO SEMI SLIDE OFF

0545 PM SNOW 3 SW ANDREWS 40.83N 85.63W

11/29/2011 M6.0 INCH HUNTINGTON IN PUBLIC

RELAYED FROM INDIANA NEWSCENTER FACEBOOK PAGE.

Archived