Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to EC, as of 1pm the Region of Waterloo Int'l airport had recorded 1.42" of rain. According to the latest METAR out of YKF, an additional 0.22" has fallen in the last 45 minutes. It's a downpour this hour. The airport is 6-7 miles southeast of here. I wish the weather station down the street was working today for more accurate IMBY readings. The creek/city park on my block is experiencing minor flooding. Last I was down there at noon, a storm water pond overtopped its levee and was spilling like a waterfall onto the cul-de-sac. The city was also down there with the creek spilling over its banks flooding the path.

2.56" in Ridgetown down in the Chatham-Kent Municipality on the western shore of lk Erie

BELOW ARE SOME UNOFFICIAL TOTAL RAIN AMOUNTS AS OF 1.00 PM TODAY
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

-------------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION                        RAINFALL AMOUNT (MM)

WINDSOR     					59.4
HARROW                          61.4
SARNIA                          37.8
THEDFORD (S GRAND BEND) 		21.0 (AS OF 8 AM)
GODERICH                        23.2
MOUNT FOREST                    31.3
RIDGETOWN   					65.0 (AS OF NOON)
NEW GLASGOW (SE RODNEY) 		47.0
LONDON                          48.1
TILLSONBURG 					25.6 (AS OF 8 AM)
DORCHESTER                      24.6 (AS OF 8 AM)
DELHI       					42.2
WATERLOO INTL AIRPORT   		36.3
ELORA       					32.7
HAMILTON                        36.2
HAMILTON BOTANICAL GARDENS      33.4
GRIMSBY MOUNTAIN                22.6 (AS OF 7 AM)
TORONTO PEARSON 				29.4
BUTTONVILLE AIRPORT 			27.8
TORONTO ISLAND                  30.1
TORONTO CITY                    29.2
OSHAWA                          25.8
COLLINGWOOD 					25.8
BARRIE                          24.6
MUSKOKA     					24.1
BANCROFT                        23.9
PETERBOROUGH                    24.6

2.56" in Ridgetown down in the Chatham-Kent Municipality on the western shore of lk Erie
Ridgetown is 10 minutes away from my town, and the 2.56" sounds about right. The rain's definitely let up a bit in the past hour but it was a complete washout here for all of last night.

I hesitate to say that this is the worst flooding I've seen around here, but... it's gotta be close. Could be worse than the flooding we received in April - standing water EVERYWHERE. Farm fields are completely submerged in water, and driving on the highway feels like driving on a lake. There was more than half a foot of standing water in the backyard this morning, though it's dropped since then.

Would be nice to end the day with some snowflakes, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is just ugly outside... I'm surprised that there is no wind headline around here...My Street is starting to flood, the ground is just soaked...

The winds have been stronger than I expected for sure. Had a gust to 38 mph.

Still no snow however.

Storm total rainfall so far through 2:45pm is 2.24" imby. Man I cannot BELIEVE what a stormy year 2011 has been! Detroit will end up officially with their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd wettest year on record this year, but had my numbers been the official, we'd already be #1!

Hoping for some snow overnight...

It's already the 3rd wettest here... this has been an unbelievable year. Four months have been over 130mm. Can't remember the last time that happened. Hurricane Dennis maybe? November will surely end up over 100mm, especially since the last two hours have shot MBY to 60mm from this event.

Dumping pretty good here at the office right now. Should be an interesting trip home this evening..

Good luck and safe travel.

Chad has 1.6" on the ground at the station, per his blog. I'll have to go out and measure here in a few.

0.08" in 30 minutes at LAF. Very wet snow.

SPECI KLAF 292029Z 34006KT 1SM -SN BR VV006 01/01 A2980 RMK AO2 P0008 $

mcd2366.gif

DESPITE WEAKENING 850-500-MB FRONTOGENESIS...WEAK ELEVATED INSTABILITY COMBINED WITH ADEQUATE MOISTURE WILL LIKELY MAINTAIN THE PRECIP SHIELD INTO THE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT HOURS /TAPERING OFF AFTER 06Z/. TURRET STRUCTURES AMIDST THE LOW/MID-LEVEL CLOUD DECK PER RECENT VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGES ARE MANIFESTATIONS OF THE VERY MODEST INSTABILITY /MUCAPE VALUES BELOW 100 J PER KG/ ROOTED ABOVE THE 600-MB LEVEL...AND AN ISOLATED LIGHTNING STRIKE OR TWO CANNOT BE RULED OUT WITH THE MOST INTENSE PRECIP BANDS.

Just a little tidbit of the discussion. :thumbsup:

Archived