• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

Very impressed with the amount of standing water all over the downriver area toward the Airport. Also the Southfield Freeway in Allen Park is flooded and closed (though this is notorious for flooding but rarely does it close fully). I am thinking those from a line from Adrian to DTW to Troy up toward Imlay City and Westward look to end up with decent accumulations 2-5" with some areas along 127 from Lansing into Indiana/Extreme NW Ohio getting 5-9". Along the water in the Eastern parts of DTX's area probably a T-2".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IND is running a blog for this event, found here: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=ind&storyid=75685&source=0

445 PM - TV meteorologist at WLFI in Lafayette reports 2.6 inches of snow accumulation

440 PM - Spotter in Marshall reports 2.0 inches of snow accumulation.

420 PM - Spotter in Elwood reports 3.0 inches of snow accumulation.

Very impressed with the amount of standing water all over the downriver area toward the Airport. Also the Southfield Freeway in Allen Park is flooded and closed (though this is notorious for flooding but rarely does it close fully). I am thinking those from a line from Adrian to DTW to Troy up toward Imlay City and Westward look to end up with decent accumulations 2-5" with some areas along 127 from Lansing into Indiana/Extreme NW Ohio getting 5-9". Along the water in the Eastern parts of DTX's area probably a T-2".

Under the viaducts in Wyandotte flooded as well. So sick of the rain! Hoping for a solid inch of snow, we shall see.

And apparently it's switched back to rain at the airport. Still snowing here at my place, albeit lightly. Kooky stuff.

METAR KLAF 292154Z 02006KT 4SM RA BR OVC010 02/02 A2981 RMK AO2 RAB28SNE28 SLP099 P0010 T00170017 $

Encountered some rain mixing in on the drive home. Decent gradient across the county, West Laf barely had its grass covered while we're at 2 or 3 inches over here on the south/east side.

My normal 15 minute drive took about 35 minutes. Didn't see too many idiot drivers, though had one soccer mom tailing me way too close. Slowed down to about 10 mph and she finally got the hint.

Just went out for one last measurement, 2.8" going to be final. It's switched over to light rain as the last gasp moves through. Good luck to the rest of you tonight. :thumbsup:

Two more photos to close it out. The last one is of the sand volleyball court that use in conjunction with a plywood board to measure my snow here. 3/4 of it is just a bunch of slush right now.

Encountered some rain mixing in on the drive home. Decent gradient across the county, West Laf barely had its grass covered while we're at 2 or 3 inches over here on the south/east side.

My normal 15 minute drive took about 35 minutes. Didn't see too many idiot drivers, though had one soccer mom tailing me way too close. Slowed down to about 10 mph and she finally got the hint.

Interesting about WL. Tight gradient indeed. And yeah drivers around here are the worst in winter. Awful.

Ouch. It never ceases to amazing me how people react to the first snowfall especially while driving. Downtown still has nothing sticking so far (at least what I can see through my cameras). Expecting the heavier snow to start pushing through within the next hour however.

How don't you expect it though? It's the reason meteorologists are around. Throughout human history we've always thought we've got mother natures number or it can't affect us that much. First snowfall of the year just puts us all back into our place really

I will have to learn more about these forums. Much different in the WFO. You worked side by side with people sometimes for years and more of a family atmosphere. You had so many types of personalities nearly all nuts about weather. Humor was the biggest asset after education and experience in the WFO. You needed the humor cause in this biz: the jabs come left/right and below the belt (and most from your fellow colleagues) and you "try" to develop a thick skin. I remember one of my first days on the job this guy in his 40s said to me "so are you another weather enthusiast spelled N U T? The rest of my career speaks volumes on that one and I don't care. Having "OCD" about you passion makes it that much more fun. I always knew the guys that were in right job in the office (about 90%) they LUVED wx.

Oh well, I guess I know how to liven up this board on a boring Sat aftn wx-wise (and Nov wise) at least until the next model run(s) ;-)

Welcome to American WX!

Archived