Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

Good thing it will rotate back in overnight and brings us our whopping 1-2"

Its like hitting the 50/50 jackpot to get that amount in a storm like this

meh..Not really. Usually the best storms ( around here anyways ) are like this and thus totally closed off etc. Reason being is they are able to pull in and lock the moisture in which is greatly needed in this part of the country. If i were looking for a epic type snow this is the kind of system i would look for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just across from Detroit :thumbsup:

WINDSOR, Ont. -- Tecumseh and Lakeshore residents must refrain from flushing their toilets as unsanitary waters may seep into unprotected basements.

The Town of Tecumseh and the Town of Lakeshore are asking residents to cease the use of wastewater generating activities, such washing machines, dishwashers, toilets and showers, until sewer levels subside.

Read more: http://www.windsorst...l#ixzz1f9Itvyky

yikes.png

I don't know about Grant County, but up here in Huntington County, it has been a real mess since about 2 PM. Many wrecks and probably close to 100 slide offs. I thought we had some thundersnow around 6:30, but it ended up being power flashes. We've had numerous power outages.

I measured 4.6" of cement at 7PM.

Just out of curiosity, I took a 9 PM measurement and it is now 4.2", even though it has been snowing constantly since the 7 PM measurement with the temp running between 32-33. I think the 7 PM measurement represented the deepest snow depth here.

Just ran into some thudersnow between Clinton and Saline Michigan on U.S. 12 about an hour ago, man was it coming down hard! Couldn't see a dang thing It'd be great if someone could post a GR image w/ lightning centered over SE Mich :thumbsup:

The amount of thundersnow that southeast Michigan has seen in recent winters has been ridiculous. We saw it on Feb 1st, Feb 12th, and Feb 20th last winter. Feb 20, 2011 and Mar 4, 2008 were the most insane thundersnow Ive ever seen, better than most summer thunderstorms.

Just ran into some thudersnow between Clinton and Saline Michigan on U.S. 12 about an hour ago, man was it coming down hard! Couldn't see a dang thing It'd be great if someone could post a GR image w/ lightning centered over SE Mich :thumbsup:

I can only find 2 markers in Huron County one for 6 strikes the other for 1

Thanks for checking guys! I remember the 80's and 90's when it was rare, HAHA. I'm kinda of annoyed that the CSI forecast page from FSU is down. I would have loved to see it's forecast runs for this storm since most of the time it only has any thing of interest over New England :thumbsdown:

Just ran my 02Z SmartCast for the Michigan areas. see a range of snow from 2.2" across the Detroit areas with the heaviest now between 8-11Z in and around the Detroit area, with 6" of snow across the Jackson Co. Reynolds Field area with 6-9Z heavy snow accumulation of 1.5" per hour. Impacts to road and air travel will be effected until around 10-11Z when the precip begins to ease up. All the cities with forecasted snow above 2" is uploaed http://smartwxmodel.net

Might as well. There is no snow on the ground in the U.P. :snowman:. Kind of how there was deeper snow in Detroit than Paradise on Feb 5th this year. Crazy times!

It won't be like that for long. Within 2 week I bet Grand Marias area and Keweenaw both have over 20 inches on the ground.

Just ran my 02Z SmartCast for the Michigan areas. see a range of snow from 2.2" across the Detroit areas with the heaviest now between 8-11Z in and around the Detroit area, with 6" of snow across the Jackson Co. Reynolds Field area with 6-9Z heavy snow accumulation of 1.5" per hour. Impacts to road and air travel will be effected until around 10-11Z when the precip begins to ease up. All the cities with forecasted snow above 2" is uploaed http://smartwxmodel.net

Those forecast totals sound more legit than the NAM and GFS outputs...no matter what forecast scheme you use, garcia/cobb/Kuchera/max T etc. etc.I was thinking 4-6 as the maximum for the JXN area versus the 8-10 totals showing up on the HRRR/NAM/GFS

Thundersnow reports are flying all over Facebbok from SEMI folks. Especially around Flint ,Saginaw and Ann Arbor.

GAH. I picked the wrong time to blast dubstep...still have yet to hear thundersnow in my life (I always seem to be in some noisy venue whenever the big storms are, for whatever reason :arrowhead:

Coming down at a good clip now.

mcd2367.gif

HEAVY SNOWFALL RATES AROUND 1 INCH/HR ARE LIKELY THROUGH THE EARLY

EVENING. THE HEAVIEST RATES WILL GRADUALLY SHIFT NEWD INTO LOWER

MICH.

01Z SURFACE ANALYSIS PLACES A 999MB LOW NEAR LAKE ONTARIO WITH TEMPS

HOVERING NEAR FREEZING ACROSS PORTIONS OF NRN IND AND SRN LOWER

MICH. A SINGLE HEAVY BAND OF SNOW RESPONSIBLE FOR SNOWFALL RATES

APPROACHING 2 INCHES/HR PER REPORTS NEAR KOSCIUSKO COUNTY

IND...EXTENDS FROM N-CNTRL IND TO SAGINAW BAY. AS THE DEEP LAYER

CYCLONE CONTINUES TO MIGRATE NEWD...SNOWFALL RATES WILL GRADUALLY

DECREASE ACROSS NERN IND AS THE AXIS OF HEAVY SNOW PIVOTS EWD

THROUGH THE AREA. THIS IS SUPPORTED BY AN EXPERIMENTAL CONVECTION

ALLOWING MODEL ENSEMBLE /SSEO/...WHICH HAS DEPICTED THE

PLACEMENT/INTENSITY OF THE SNOW BAND AND SUBSEQUENT SNOW RATES

RATHER WELL. FARTHER N...THE 00Z DTX RAOB SHOWED OVER 100 J/KG

MUCAPE BASED NEAR 600 MB AND A FEW ISOLD LIGHTNING STRIKES HAVE BEEN

OBSERVED THE PAST FEW HOURS OVER LOWER MICH. THE ELEVATED

INSTABILITY WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT CONVECTIVE SNOW BANDS /ENHANCED

RATES/ THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS. THE SSEO GUIDANCE SHOWS THE

HEAVIEST RATES /1 INCH PER HOUR/ POSITIONING NEWD FROM THE

OH/IND/MICH VICINITY TO NEAR LAN AND THE I-96/I-69 CORRIDOR AND

POINTS NE...TOWARDS SAGINAW BAY IN THE 03-05Z TIMEFRAME.

..SMITH.. 11/30/2011

Archived