e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November 2011 Obs/Forecasting Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here... Sometime between 3am and 4am. In my half-asleep state, I managed to look at the radar on my phone and it was very very similar to what @ Kmlwx posted last night. Very heavy rains for an extended period of time. It was loud and consistent.

Any local rainfall totals from the overnight? I'd like to see specifically what the northeast recieved.

It unloaded over my house last night around 3:00 am or so too. Def very wet up our way.

Skies are clearing up.

12z GFS changes the depiction of the cutoff low next week completely yet again! Was finally quasi-consistent in bringing it up into the Great Lakes over the last day or so. 12z says naso fast. Now just pinches off in the southeast and hangs out there before moving up the coast. Temps are too warm for snow, but are still chilly. Then looks darn cold (at least for a day or two) to start December.

Skies are clearing up.

12z GFS changes the depiction of the cutoff low next week completely yet again! Was finally quasi-consistent in bringing it up into the Great Lakes over the last day or so. 12z says naso fast. Now just pinches off in the southeast and hangs out there before moving up the coast. Temps are too warm for snow, but are still chilly. Then looks darn cold (at least for a day or two) to start December.

So it jumped to last night's euro.

Winds are starting to pick up across the region. Martinsburg and Leesburg are now gusting to 40 mph with IAD gusting to 35 and DCA to 30. Meanwhile its 70/58 with SW winds at PAX NAS with some convective cells starting to fire around the 301 Nice bridge.

Latest ob has JYO gusting to 43. Sounds like a dull roar outside, can hear it in the house.

I ventured into this thread just now to see if it was snowing out your way!

it was a beautiful sunny day at 8 am but now cloudy with gusts to nearly 40 MPH and a wind advisory in effect.

Yeah, nothing too exciting. Its actually a rain/snow mix here at work in Oakland, MD -- I'm sure its all snow in Davis and probably sticking a little.

Wow...cold run. Our death-by-torch has been greatly exaggerated.

All models are pumping up some sort of ridging out west in the not too distant future. Nothing else is cooperating but we can get surprised anytime there is an amplified pattern with a trough in the east.

At least nothing is showing a big nasty se ridge. I'm enjoying the weather. Seasonal, variable, and still warm enough for being comfortable outdoors.

Archived