wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
October 29th Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non wx weenies are in for a surprise anywhere that it's snowing. Lots of people didnt know at all that it was going to snow.

everyone ive talked to heard about a mention of snow... it was all over the news

Heavy snow here. Approaching an inch. Amazed, absolutely amazed that the roads and my driveway and my sidewalk are also snow covered. Temp at 32.5.

This might be the one that says stick it to the models. With the obs being posted here, would certainly make me think its coming in colder than modeled.

Have fun everyone. Get the chainsaws oiled up.

Edit: I just remembered, this is a birthday snow for me. Last one before the big one.

Sky is pouring half dollar sized flakes in Ballenger Creek. Winds picking up too and snow starting to accumulate on sidewalks. Power is usually good here (Allegheny >> Pepco) but I'm worried only cause I have a full slate of college football to watch today and I know how Murphy works. (Go Hokies!)

Coming down good now. I'm wondering if anyone has any though on whether the areas that have changed over to snow will stay snow for the duration. Intellicast radar (I know) is showing a definitive line trying to set up from Dulles through Baltimore which also makes me wonder where the coastal low is forming compared to where the nam modeled it.

pressure drops sure look to be further off the coast than the GFS was advertising

http://weather.unisy...=3p&inv=0&t=cur

Thanks, Mitch. I was looking for that site. When Chuck posted more often, he had another site that he liked to use for pressure changes, but that is bookmarked on my currently blue screen pc upstairs.

Archived