amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that toasty. At 00z Logan could be rain while Jerry is S+..lol.

If it's not done coming west. I think if it were a month from now you'd be right, I think in this case that low level warm air is going to get inland some..back to at least I95 unless the winds manage to run more north.

Ideal track up here, Looks like we will be in the deformation band... :snowman:

Yes, looks great inland and in the hills.

I think the NAM is way overdone on QPF again, just like it cut back at the last minute yesterday (18z). But that's par for the NAM course.

Great storm, but less interesting to me by far in interior SE MA/brockton etc and IMO Boston if the NAM is to be believed. Instead it's a great storm for Will, Kev (providing no more NW movement) and all of the ski areas in the southern 1/2. Great base layer FTW.

If you look at the 1000-850mb CT's...they push all the way back to I95/RI at the height on this run.

If it's not done coming west. I think if it were a month from now you'd be right, I think in this case that low level warm air is going to get inland some..back to at least I95 unless the winds manage to run more north.

Yes, looks great inland and in the hills.

I think the NAM is way overdone on QPF again, just like it cut back at the last minute yesterday (18z). But that's par for the NAM course.

Great storm, but less interesting to me by far in interior SE MA/brockton etc and IMO Boston if the NAM is to be believed. Instead it's a great storm for Will, Kev (providing no more NW movement) and all of the ski areas in the southern 1/2. Great base layer FTW.

If you look at the 1000-850mb CT's...they push all the way back to I95/RI at the height on this run.

It's rain for a while at Logan no doubt, but would flip back between 03z and 06z. Deformation death band nw CT and Berks on this run. Jackpot there I think on this run.

If I had a nickle for every time that was said after a NAM run... :lol:

But seriously, yeah it will be

It's the NAM with QPF.

I see what Scott is saying, there is definitely a transition period towards 42 hours where even the CP flips over.

It's the NAM, it's early season. I think we see some more movement later today. Will/Kev/Pete, and the ski areas look good. That's where it "should" snow a lot if it's going too in October.

It's rain for a while at Logan no doubt, but would flip back between 03z and 06z. Deformation death band nw CT and Berks on this run. Jackpot there I think on this run.

if that is the case, Logan could still get 2-4" out of this. which could mean 4-6" for my area.. it will be fun watching this on Saturday either way..:snowman::snowman::snowman:

For coastal folk wanting snow. Look at 950 mb if you can. There is flow from the ne off the Gulf of Maine. Despite the height above sea level at 950mb, this is somewhat of a marine flow. Gonna have to let those winds turn more NNE and dynamically cool too. So we might have to wait a bit once winds go north. Perhaps.

Archived