• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - II

Baroclinic Zone

But even NYC. We're talking maybe 40kt winds, heavy rain possibly going over to paste. All these guys in aviation are worried about stupid Rina and we're telling them that it's the least of their problems. Nobody has a clue.

I'm not on terminal duty, but it's a nightmare.

Talking to some people at work here.. they honestly have no idea what's coming.. some are saying 2-4" some are saying 1-3" lol.. wmur didn't even have accumulations this morning! All they said was heavier snow to the south

Huge wake up call come tomorrow

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nation of SW Maine approves.

Haha, yes it certainly does. I still can't believe this is happening. I want to personally give the Euro an award on this, it had this storm a long time ago. I can't the believe the factors that go into this for the time of year it is.

1) Most of the heavy snow to fall at night =Check

2) Strong coastal low following along the coast with cold high above us=Check

3) Very cold nights and days prior to the event=Check

Well they are buried in snow today..so can't clear them..and tomorrow is too busy with soccer, 10 mile early am run and storm tracking...then neighborhood Halloweenie party starting at 3:00..so they'll sit there....however...it doesn't bother me..because I can't see them...

Plus I figure I'll be out of power for some time..so it'll give me something to do next week when the snow melts

You can't see them, Kevin. But, every minute of every day, they drive your soil's pH ever downward. Each blade of grass slowly agonizing. Trying to call through the snow--"Kevin, help us. We're dying. We're dying. We need you Kevin. Give us our Lesco. Please, Kevin. You're our only hope".

(I'm trying to envision your lawn as the hologram of Princess Leia in Star Wars "Help us Obi Wan".

32.3/28--better get the snowblower out before things get muddy.

Wow just looking at the Euro clown maps.

Holy moley, if that were to play out what a historic event in SE interior MA. Easton/Bridgewater get crushed and even I get some light accumulations at the end. Hard to believe the euro could be wrong and the GFS right. I vote EURO

Yay raynham!!! The West Chesterfield of SE Mass

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH

SUNDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM

WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY

MORNING.

* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE...CENTRAL AND WESTERN

MASSACHUSETTS...NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN CONNECTICUT AND

NORTHERN RHODE ISLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...WHICH COULD BE HEAVY AT TIMES. THE SNOW

COULD ALSO MIX WITH RAIN AND CAUSE SLUSHY AND SLIPPERY

CONDITIONS.

* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO SUNDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...HEAVY WET SNOW...AND STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE HAZARDOUS

DRIVING CONDITIONS AS WELL AS WEIGH DOWN TREES CAUSING

POTENTIALLY WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES.

* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 30S.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY IMPACT WITH THIS EARLY SEASON WINTER STORM

IS POSSIBLE. HEAVY WET SNOW COULD CAUSE HAZARDOUS DRIVING

CONDITIONS AS WELL AS WIDE SPREAD POWER OUTAGES.

SREFs seemed to hold steady more or less. Maybe a tiny bit west by like 10 miles..but seemed to stabilize a bit. 850 temps look nearly the same...maybe the -4C contour is 5 miles west, but that's about it.

How far NW they are is kind of crazy considering the EURO and NAM..the GEFS and GFS are in line with the Srefs but man, this is a tough call forthe coast and well inland areas.

SREFs seemed to hold steady more or less. Maybe a tiny bit west by like 10 miles..but seemed to stabilize a bit. 850 temps look nearly the same...maybe the -4C contour is 5 miles west, but that's about it.

How far NW they are is kind of crazy considering the EURO and NAM..the GEFS and GFS are in line with the Srefs but man, this is a tough call forthe coast and well inland areas.

So--is the impulse to discount them (regardless of steady of mnimally west)?

LOL, dec 9 2005 comes to mind Phil. Seriously not just throwing some stupid analogy out there either. Potential is off the hook with the air temps and water temps. White Hurricane for you on the North Flip.

I was thinking that, too. The winds on the SE coast should be phenomenol.

This is gonna fook some places up. We still have 75% oak leaves out at my house 1000 feet up. Add snow (maybe pasty 6-8"? Maybe more?) and decent wind... = trouble.... make that Trouble

I was thinking that, too. The winds on the SE coast should be phenomenol.

This is gonna fook some places up. We still have 75% oak leaves out at my house 1000 feet up. Add snow (maybe pasty 6-8"? Maybe more?) and decent wind... = trouble.... make that Trouble

it's going to be a wild scene come Sunday AM.

Archived