joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mowed for the last time 2 weeks ago. The yard is cleaned up and the garden has been turned. Ready for snow.

Unfortunately Willow beat me by a 10 days, assuming of course that this snowfall comes to pass.

I'll have the camera ready to go at dawn Friday morning. Look forward to reading your thoughts for our area this Winter.

Same here!!

Impressed that it has PSF over to SN by 15Z. Not sure it will flip that fast IMO, but if it did, this area could do quite well. Accumulations probably a bit overdone as well. Despite the warm BL, at least we don't have to contend with a brutally high sun angle at this time of year like we would if this were April. Our sun angle is roughly the equivalent of what it is in mid February now. Based on what I've seen, my guess would be 2-4" for most of the PSF area, 4-7" at 2K.

Hey mitch, miss your site :-/ you decide to stop paying to host it? (sorry to go OT, noticed that it wasn't there when I went to look at some of the model runs)

Man, this 00z suite will be big...if the NAM holds I'll start looking for reasons to believe it, even though its happened many times where it was on its own, only to come around last minute to the other models...

Hey Ed! Also means little to no snow up here in the NEK!

Matt Noyes thinks "meh"

October 25, 2011 - 5 PM Show - The first "Early Estimate" snowfall accumulation map of the season airs on NECN and NECN.com. The early estimate map is something I issue when I believe we are outside of the statistically valid time period for a reliable forecast of snowfall amounts, but close enough that I can decipher the general snowfall pattern. You'll see this for most storms across New England throughout the winter, as in years past. For this particular event, there are a few areas that may need to be changed: 1) Uncertainty regarding the southern edge of the mix line - it's possible some flakes mix in much farther south and east, but any impact would be negligible. 2) The northern edge of the "couple inches" area may have to be scaled back if moisture cannot reach that far north, 3) it's imperative to drive home the importance that elevation will play in the "couple inches" area - valleys will likely not verify those amounts at all. This is further supported by the fact that the 32 degree temperature line remains near the Canadian border for most of Thursday night, meaning the rest of New England, even Northern New England, never drops below freezing. With preceding warm ground, this does not bode well for accumulating snow.

My p/c has 25* for Thursday night.....

At this rate, I'm going to be smoking cirrus pretty soon...

I thought it was me..lol. QPF was from 21Z througth 06Z didn't seem too different..maybe a touch more to the nw?

QPF fetish raising it's head??? NAM seems closer to saying wagon's south.... Jackpot shifts from socks to GON.

Archived