Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really just nuisance QPF north of the Mass boarder on the new NAM. .25" will be in the Nashua/ Manchester area. So I think I can just about kiss this one goodbye up here in CNE.

Not yet still 36 hours or so for things to shift back north 25 miles or so. Yesterday at this time it looked pretty good I still think a coating to an inch should happen. I'd be happy with that

Definitely a discernable shift S on the NAM tonight. I hope this thing doesn't become some suppressed, sheared out system that fails to produce much of anything outside of some light rain and wet flakes for SNE. I recall an event earlier this year (3/24?) where the models had a 0.75-1.00+ QPF for SNE about 2 to 3 days before, only to have it wind up being a few flurries and light snow showers as the shortwave was torn to shreds. While I'm not sounding any alarms yet, it's something to be weary of, especially since the models seem to like overdoing cyclogenesis on numerous occasions.

Lol.... I do not buy anything sticking on the CP

Unlikely...NAM is probably wrong with how far south it is...but I could see some minor accumulations on the CP away from the water, like from Ray's area over to the Merrimack Valley in S NH...even just W of BOS around 128 there could possibly be some minor accums.

Archived