joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALB TV met said that KALB has only exceeded 1 inch in October twice before. Of course on 10/4/87 they greatly exceeded it. So a decent shot for only the third >1" snowfall in recorded history. Out here in the hill towns of course it is a whole other story climo-wise.

I haven't really been paying attention to that area, but I'm sure it will snow some there. Maybe an inch or two. Southern Greens def look like the jackpot for VT and perhaps anyone in this event.

ALB TV met said that KALB has only exceeded 1 inch in October twice before. Of course on 10/4/87 they greatly exceeded it. So a decent shot for only the third >1" snowfall in recorded history. Out here in the hill towns of course it is a whole other story climo-wise.

That is surprising to me. Wonder how long that goes back

The wife is out of town and I have tomorrow off. Looking forward to the 00z runs.

Nice! A client gave me this yesterday, the 1.75 too! Perfect timing for a chilly weekend. Nice to see goofus sharpen up the NS VM for the weekend, counting on it for a couple mangled flakes this weekend.

Time to break out the six pack and go right through the Euro, lol.

Tissues and lube for Scooter

Sounds exciting hope u have some Sammy A on hand.

Nice! A client gave me this yesterday, the 1.75 too! Perfect timing for a chilly weekend. Nice to see goofus sharpen up the NS VM for the weekend, counting on it for a couple mangled flakes this weekend.

Bunch of drunks.

The overall consensus seems to be for a near miss right now. I guess its too early to write it off, but i feel like the op euro is the only one keeping us interested.

You don't need actual modeled "hits" to create interest.

What interests me is the winter-like airmass, the North Atlantic "block," and the winter-like split jet with strong northern branch s/w and vortmax. If I didn't know better I would guess from the model charts that it was early December. Add to this environment a multi-run sequence of the Euro showing a strong coastal storm and a few modeled "hits" from the GFS, UK, and Nogaps, and you definitely have a reason to start model watching.

I'm just gonna get slammed so I know what it's like for snowNH to interpret the SREFs.

The dead time is brutal...2 hours until SREFs come out. It will really be nice when the clocks are turned back. If this was a few years ago, we'd already have turned them back by now.

Usually we don't have to worry since snow threats in Oct are rare, but man, this is awful. If it was like this in winter, it would be really hard to handle.

The dead time is brutal...2 hours until SREFs come out. It will really be nice when the clocks are turned back. If this was a few years ago, we'd already have turned them back by now.

Usually we don't have to worry since snow threats in Oct are rare, but man, this is awful. If it was like this in winter, it would be really hard to handle.

It really is true. The turning the clocks back makes life so much easier for me. Stuff that I have to do like TAFs, are nice to send out when you have the latest NAM, GFS and even Euro.

lol, what addicts we are.

I know you have clients and the models being later actually affects your job, but we're still all addicts. You would still be complaining about the dead time without your job. ;)

lol, what addicts we are.

I know you have clients and the models being later actually affects your job, but we're still all addicts. You would still be complaining about the dead time without your job. ;)

Luckily I'm not obligated to do the usual stuff I do in winter during October as the contracts are bounded by date...and October is not included. But I usually like to send out some "heads up" type emails anyway just as an act of good faith...but thankfully I do not need to be going into excessive detail or answering the phone. So I can go to bed when I want for this...but I'll certainly be staying up for the 00z suite.

Archived