joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Bruchard and Gutner are favoring the euro for Saturday and said in their blogs the potential for a damaging and snowy storm...should be a very interesting 00z suite tonight.

Box not so confident...basically says "There is no agreement for Saturday. It could snow, rain, or neither."

SATURDAY...STILL A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY WITH TRACK OF POTENTIAL STORM SO THIS ISA LOW CONFIDENCE FORECAST. ECMWF WOULD BRING A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALLTO PORTIONS OF INTERIOR SNE WHILE GFS IS A MISS. STILL TOO EARLY TODISCOUNT ANY GIVEN SOLUTION SO WE WILL CONTINUE WITH CHC POPS.

Are you throwing out amounts to your clients up there?

Yeah I probably will once we are inside of 36 hours. I won't give any amounts before that since I do not have to..last thing I want to do is say they'll get 4" and then have it trend to crap and bust a forecast I wasn't even obligated to make, lol.

Yeah I probably will once we are inside of 36 hours. I won't give any amounts before that since I do not have to..last thing I want to do is say they'll get 4" and then have it trend to crap and bust a forecast I wasn't even obligated to make, lol.

True...lol. This could be worth a weenie drive up to Princeton since it's not too far.

True...lol. This could be worth a weenie drive up to Princeton since it's not too far.

I'd probably be going for 1-3" right now with Scooter caution flags if this was a real forecast like a month from now. I could def see weenie ridge in Princeton at 1400 feet getting 4" or 5" of birch bending paste while on Rt 190 just to the east at 400-500 feet gets an inch or two and I only get an inch or two off to the south by 10-12 miles.

Question for in between the model runs. Where I am in Lowell, where am I when we talk about locations? I know I'm def not GC....but am I still Coastal Plain? I don't think I am in the hills. So where am I so I know when I am reading this.

Chris, basically anything east of the CT river is the coastal plain.

I hate talking on the phone..but can type and text all day. 100x would rather text than talk lol

Well people who talk on the phone mostly like to talk to hear themselves talk (not always) and ramble on about the same thing forever. I can see when calling is better than texting though if you need to accomplish something quick.

Archived