joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10/20--10/24 COOL/COLD? SHOT-- another huge east coast trough coming in

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the 00z GFS and Euro raw ensemble numbers for lows Sat 10/22 - Mon 10/24...

DCA GFS, Euro

10/22: 38, 40

10/23: 37, 39

10/24: 38, 42

BWI GFS, Euro

10/22: 38, 41

10/23: 37, 40

10/24: 38, 43

IAD GFS, Euro

10/22: 36, 39

10/23: 34, 39

10/24: 36, 42

The "lowest low" out of the ensemble members for this period (all were on the GFS for Mon 10/24):

DCA: 33

BWI: 33

IAD: 31

Where have I seen that before? It's on the tip of my tongue. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember seeing a string of maps just like that but I just can't place it......:whistle:

nah, not this year

we'll get the qpf, but will it be wet or white?

like I said in my post above, I'm getting a little anxious with that trough setting up shop in the GL

nah, not this year

we'll get the qpf, but will it be wet or white?

like I said in my post above, I'm getting a little anxious with that trough setting up shop in the GL

I'm with ya man. Last year was just a matter of inches in the grand scheme. There are really only 2 things I don't want to see this winter and I'm really not worried about either. Persistent SE ridge or the NS up in Canada as the Pac floods the lower 48 with mild air.

I'm ready for some apps runners though. Maybe a little CAD ice/wet flakes with those. We are going to have opportunity with an amplified pattern from time to time. I'm pretty certain we enjoy a -AO/NAO for an extended period this winter. Maybe 6 weeks or so?

anyone see the 0z EURO :lmao::snowman: big snows in western half of va/ wva.. even central areas could see some flakes

snowfall hr 180 lol

00z GFS has it as well. It's actually plausible with this system... not counting it out. I wouldn't be surprised to see some accumulation in the eastern Midwest and Appalachians. Accumulation (or any snow for that matter) east of the Apps would be really hard to get, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did see some snow on the back edge of this thing.

That is one sexy 500mb vort on the GFS :wub:

not gonna' happen w/o the stutter :(

Well give him a break....he's just coming off the full torch summer mode. He may be a little rusty.

Either way, there may be some sort of a coastal next week...but lets just take a step back before getting excited. If anything, it could usher in an airmass that will end the growing season for some. Perhaps some of the higher elevation folk might want to keep an eye out for next week.

Archived