joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10/20--10/24 COOL/COLD? SHOT-- another huge east coast trough coming in

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well give him a break....he's just coming off the full torch summer mode. He may be a little rusty.

Either way, there may be some sort of a coastal next week...but lets just take a step back before getting excited. If anything, it could usher in an airmass that will end the growing season for some. Perhaps some of the higher elevation folk might want to keep an eye out for next week.

down here, snow in Oct. usually means nothing for the winter

in fact, 79' always comes to mind, which was a nothing great winter north of DCA (IAD and DCA did substantially better than BWI as well as tidewater VA even better)

nah, keep the snow in the mts. in Oct, I'm fine with that

although there's something about the 0Z Euro that reminds me of some of the progs for 12/5/09 which admittedly is a wee bit exciting to this :weenie:

down here, snow in Oct. usually means nothing for the winter

in fact, 79' always comes to mind, which was a nothing great winter north of DCA (IAD and DCA did substantially better than BWI as well as tidewater VA even better)

nah, keep the snow in the mts. in Oct, I'm fine with that

although there's something about the 0Z Euro that reminds me of some of the progs for 12/5/09 which admittedly is a wee bit exciting to this :weenie:

Agreed. It's hard for the layman not to look at coastals this time of year and wonder what that might mean for winter. But we're in a completely different season with different factors at play, so we really shouldn't even bother looking at this stuff for another four to six weeks. Doesn't stop us, though, does it?

Agreed. It's hard for the layman not to look at coastals this time of year and wonder what that might mean for winter. But we're in a completely different season with different factors at play, so we really shouldn't even bother looking at this stuff for another four to six weeks. Doesn't stop us, though, does it?

Nope, not at all.

00z GFS has it as well. It's actually plausible with this system... not counting it out. I wouldn't be surprised to see some accumulation in the eastern Midwest and Appalachians. Accumulation (or any snow for that matter) east of the Apps would be really hard to get, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did see some snow on the back edge of this thing.

That is one sexy 500mb vort on the GFS :wub:

yea that is pretty

post-4-0-41823100-1319207501.gif

why should we think that these systems wont end up further northwest than modeled at d 7? even though dt tried to claim the last storm was a coastal as modeled from this range if he did that during the winter im sure weenies would hang him.

why should we think that these systems wont end up further northwest than modeled at d 7? even though dt tried to claim the last storm was a coastal as modeled from this range if he did that during the winter im sure weenies would hang him.

Nah...they'd just wait until his next FIVE-ALARM CODE RED APOCALYPSE-FOR-RICHMOND-NOTHING-IN-DC call.

12z EURO/GFS continue the trend? ;)

GFS has a streak of snow from the OH Valley through central PA up into SNE (*groan*). But GFS is damn cold for this time of the year from late next week after the front goes through right up through the end of the run. Not sure I buy the length of the cold, but I think first freeze for much of us is going to happen sometime late next week or during the Halloween weekend.

12z Euro looks meh. A small batch of snow over Monterrey, VA thats about it thru 180

Its going to be weird this winter when people start going run to run with euro snowfall maps. Posting those instead of looking at the overall trend. Its almost as the more detailed the models and maps get the more you tend to loose track of the actual shifts that are going on.. :popcorn:

Its going to be weird this winter when people start going run to run with euro snowfall maps. Posting those instead of looking at the overall trend. Its almost as the more detailed the models and maps get the more you tend to loose track of the actual shifts that are going on.. :popcorn:

Hopefully I will be working a lot more in the winter so I wont have to endure that stuff. but hey for the first run with snow for the season, got to get it out of your system :snowman:

Archived