northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Models Advertising Late Month Storm And Cold Front

bluewave

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z euro is the warmest run yet. Has an extended period of well above average temps. From Saturday right through its entire run (Oct. 14th).

And past that, looks like the ridge is still building and heat would last even longer.

it has a tropical system impacting us on day 10, lol

0z euro is very warm from Saturday and right through its entire run, October 14th.

GFS is even warmer. Has the well above average temps, lasting from Saturday and right through its entire run.

This ridge is for real. Heat lovers are going to get at least a 1-2 week period of very warm weather.

0z euro is very warm from Saturday and right through its entire run, October 14th.

GFS is even warmer. Has the well above average temps, lasting from Saturday and right through its entire run.

This ridge is for real. Heat lovers are going to get at least a 1-2 week period of very warm weather.

:thumbsup: I like snowstorms, but I can't stand the cold. This morning I was out in 3 layers, with a hood and a hat. These temps in the 45-55 range are killing me. It's too cold :snowman:

:thumbsup: I like snowstorms, but I can't stand the cold. This morning I was out in 3 layers, with a hood and a hat. These temps in the 45-55 range are killing me. It's too cold :snowman:

I'm with you - i love the snow and lately been loving and appreciating the summer/heat more and more. I am all for snow and cold come Thanksgiving through St Patty's day.

I would'nt rely on the models beyond a few days and even if it were warm remember our average high is usually in the mid to upper 60's pretty soon, warm would only mean 70's.

I hope so, unless it's too late for that. Certainly the sunny days and cool nights along with dry weather should help. I have a feeling like September we'll end up in the +2 to +3 territory depending on what happens the last 2 weeks of the month.

NYC starting off w/ a pretty neg temp departure for oct, but the next 7-10 days should erase most of that.

However, suburbs will see several nights in the 40s wit clear skies, coupled with mild days, should help foliage brighten up.

Should get a bit of a NAO spike as well. The NAO has been positive for a while now, first time in a long time it hasnt stayed in the negatives consistently

nao.sprd2.gif

Which is good. The Sept-Oct period is the 2 month time frame where we really want the NAO to be positive. Build up the cryosphere so that pressures are higher up north in the winter time, promoting block development.

I hope so, unless it's too late for that. Certainly the sunny days and cool nights along with dry weather should help. I have a feeling like September we'll end up in the +2 to +3 territory depending on what happens the last 2 weeks of the month.

Too late probably for NNE, but for our area, trees are still predominately green. I've seen crappy foliage seasons in VT in mid October turn into pretty decent ones in CNJ by the time early November rolls around. Our peak foliage is still at least 3 weeks away.

Too late probably for NNE, but for our area, trees are still predominately green. I've seen crappy foliage seasons in VT in mid October turn into pretty decent ones in CNJ by the time early November rolls around. Our peak foliage is still at least 3 weeks away.

We're having one of the worst foliage seasons in memory here.

Archived