northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Models Advertising Late Month Storm And Cold Front

bluewave

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Record high temperature tied at Kennedy NY...

A record high temperature of 82 degrees was set at Kennedy NY today

at 1216 PM. This ties the old record of 82 set in 1961 and 1959.

This record report will be updated again after peak daytime heating

with the maximum temperature for the day.

Well, this fall has managed to be as rotten as possible. Horrid September with constant humidity and clouds, endless rains, 80-85 degrees the second week of October, and to top it off the worst foliage season I've ever season (just returned from the Catskills and was completely unimpressed).

Stink bugs littering the back porch and bursting through the doors on the south side of my house right now. Fast forward to winter anyone? Once summer is over I don't want 80s until next spring.

83.4F here in Colts Neck right now, home for fall break (anything but fall this coming week).

Remembering October 1974...It started of with record cold the first week...The 19th-21st had record or near record cold with morning lows below freezing...Low 20's in Dingmans ferry Pa where I was staying...After that it moderated and it really torched November 1st...81 in Central Park that day...A real Indian Summer...The winter 1974-75 was terrible for snow lovers except for the first half of Feb. 1975...

Well, this fall has managed to be as rotten as possible. Horrid September with constant humidity and clouds, endless rains, 80-85 degrees the second week of October, and to top it off the worst foliage season I've ever season (just returned from the Catskills and was completely unimpressed).Stink bugs littering the back porch and bursting through the doors on the south side of my house right now. Fast forward to winter anyone? Once summer is over I don't want 80s until next spring. 83.4F here in Colts Neck right now, home for fall break (anything but fall this coming week).

I would rather we go through this +NAO/+AO combo now rather than do it 2 months from now.This is setting us up for what is going to be a cold and less snowfall than the previous 2 winters.Usually 2nd year NINAs dont have 80s in October but then again,this has been a very different NINA than we are accustomed to.Rest assured though,cold will be the rule this winter.This past summers intense heat in JUly along with Irenes track sets us up good this winter,I am not worried one bit.

... Record high temperature set at Newark NJ...

A record high temperature of 88 degrees was set at Newark NJ today

at 302 PM. This breaks the old record of 87 set in 1990.

This record report will be updated again if the maximum temperature

increases any further.

Remembering October 1974...It started of with record cold the first week...The 19th-21st had record or near record cold with morning lows below freezing...Low 20's in Dingmans ferry Pa where I was staying...After that it moderated and it really torched November 1st...81 in Central Park that day...A real Indian Summer...The winter 1974-75 was terrible for snow lovers except for the first half of Feb. 1975...

With a warm October you can put that analog winter to rest..thank god!

I really need to, hopefully soon.

I'm fairly close to 90, thought I was done recording 90 degree days in August but I may have to put today down as one.

It feels so good outside.

It may feel good for July, but for October? Do you not enjoy the seasons?

It may feel good for July, but for October? Do you not enjoy the seasons?

I just don't enjoy being cold, it's the main reason why I dislike Winter (except snow) and half of Fall. I dislike jackets/coats/hats/dry skin/etc. and being sick. I hate cold wind more than anything else weather-related, it just hurts lol. Warm/hot weather just feels normal. Even if the colder months were just 5 degrees warmer on average than they currently are I'd take that.

My last 90 degree reading was on 8/26, so today makes it 44 days between 90 degree temps. Managed 90 degrees for at least 20 minutes, down to 88 now.

Pretty impressive diurnal range today -- 36 degrees.

Morning low was 47.8F and made it to 84 for the high here in Monmouth.

My lows for the past 4 nights in Monmouth County:

10/6: 38.1F

10/7: 39.4F

10/8: 42.4F

10/9: 47.9F

Managed to stay in the 40s every night, not bad. Don't think I'll do it tonight

88. I'm at manasquan and it's beautiful. water is warm.

I love this.

I don't know man, you know I'm a big warm fan, but I'm also a big seasons fan. And when we have out of season wx, I'm not crazy about it. Today to me is akin to 65 degrees in January or 65 degrees in June, it just isn't fun. October's for brisk, crisp air, frost, and turning foliage.

BTW, driving back from the Catskills today, I can tell everyone's getting their bonus weekend in at the NJ shore. Terrible traffic on GSP earlier. With all those rainy weekends since August, looks like everybody had the same idea to head to the beach this weekend.

436 PM EDT SUN OCT 09 2011 ...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ISLIP NY... A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 85 DEGREES WAS SET AT ISLIP NY TODAY AT 353 PM. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 78 SET IN 1990.

304 PM EDT SUN OCT 09 2011 ...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT NEWARK NJ... A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 88 DEGREES WAS SET AT NEWARK NJ TODAY AT 302 PM. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 87 SET IN 1990.

317 PM EDT SUN OCT 09 2011 ...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT KENNEDY NY... A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 DEGREES WAS SET AT KENNEDY NY TODAY AT 235 PM. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 82 SET IN 1961 AND 1959.

324 PM EDT SUN OCT 09 2011 ...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT LAGUARDIA NY... A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 85 DEGREES WAS SET AT LAGUARDIA NY TODAY AT 258 PM. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 84 SET IN 1959.

Yeah, it was a hot day :sun:

High of 84 F after a low of 45 F. Temperature quickly dropping. Currently 75 F.

Way too warm for October.

Yeah I noticed this as well. Pretty impressive 1 hour temp drop here, from 82.5F at 530pm to 70.3F at 530pm. Already down to 66.0F right now, nearly 20 degrees under the high.

This time of year with the lengthening nights, we can only hold the warmth for so long.

Yeah I noticed this as well. Pretty impressive 1 hour temp drop here, from 82.5F at 530pm to 70.3F at 530pm. Already down to 66.0F right now, nearly 20 degrees under the high.

This time of year with the lengthening nights, we can only hold the warmth for so long.

Down to 72 here, dropped 2 degrees over the last 30 min. LGA still holding on to 79. This year is shaping up for quite the contrasts between myself and the airport.

88.6 on the upper east side. Still nearly 77 at this hour. Hit 84 at the park. You could feel how much cooler it was today though by and in the park.

Wow, still quite warm there. It's already down to 56 F out here in the sticks.

Looks like there'll be two more days of warm, dry weather before the rain returns. Hopefully this dry spell puts the northeast into a somewhat better position for handling rain.

Archived