joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

LithiaWx

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flood advisory just issued for this heavy band of storms. I'm 2 miles SE of Greenville.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEWPORT HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

PAMLICO COUNTY IN NORTH CAROLINA...

BEAUFORT COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF WASHINGTON...

CARTERET COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

CRAVEN COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...NEW BERN...JAMES CITY...HAVELOCK...

JONES COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

MARTIN COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

ONSLOW COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

PITT COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...WINTERVILLE...GREENVILLE...AYDEN...

* UNTIL 945 AM EDT

* AT 822 AM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR SHOWED A BAND OF SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS WITH VERY HEAVY RAIN FROM NEAR GREENVILLE SOUTH TO

EMERALD ISLE. RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES HAVE ALREADY

OCCURRED IN SPOTS...AND ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES WILL

LEAD TO MINOR FLOODING OF LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS.

Lee total was 1.84" IMBY. Interestingly it would WARM into the upper 70's when it would rain yesterday then drop back down a few degrees to ~77f. Dry air still has not made it here, a very muggy 67.

I haven't seen anything below 60 since the end of April/ first of May :lol: The expected high today is 82 degrees. The 90's will be back by this weekend, but I'm going to enjoy the break while it lasts :hug:

IMBY it got to 59.5 on the 31st/1st. Felt great as it was dry. Looking forward to more of the SOON!.

I haven't seen anything below 60 since the end of April/ first of May :lol: The expected high today is 82 degrees. The 90's will be back by this weekend, but I'm going to enjoy the break while it lasts :hug:

Maybe the portal will be frozen closed. Nawwww..you and I won't get off that easy. 61 here at 10:30 is a might nice respite though. Started my spring cleaning yesterday...it was too danged hot to do it in the spring, lol. T

Maybe the portal will be frozen closed. Nawwww..you and I won't get off that easy. 61 here at 10:30 is a might nice respite though. Started my spring cleaning yesterday...it was too danged hot to do it in the spring, lol. T

Slept with the windows open last night, also had the doors and windows open earlier in the evening with the attic fan on. Lovely free a/c pouring into the house yesterday and last night!

Down to 58º here for a low!  I've been waiting a long while to see that but it came at last.  Even now it's only 69º...at lunch hour of all periods. :) Nice day to go outside for activities.

By the way, after yesterday's 2 morning heavy rain rounds, I came out very close to 2" total.  Nice event despite the lack of significantly higher totals.  I'm happy with what I got out of Lee.

Lee total was 1.84" IMBY. Interestingly it would WARM into the upper 70's when it would rain yesterday then drop back down a few degrees to ~77f. Dry air still has not made it here, a very muggy 67.

IMBY it got to 59.5 on the 31st/1st. Felt great as it was dry. Looking forward to more of the SOON!.

+1 :wub:

:lol: This is true, but maybe, just maybe they won't open to their full capacity :wub:

Woke up at 5 am this morning and noticed that skies had cleared here..and ended up with a low of 54.7. Got quite cool going outside. Still only 62. I love it...but we need to knock of at least another 30 degrees :snowman:

I will be waiting patiently for that day :wub:

I've added links for the most current soundings for those NWS offices that do those, to my SE Forecast Products page:

http://www.daculawea...prod_master.php

Awesome! I've got one for you...duplicate the old NCEP model site format with the new model output images from the new NCEP site.

I've added links for the most current soundings for those NWS offices that do those, to my SE Forecast Products page:

http://www.daculawea...prod_master.php

That's awesome! Easy access like this will force me to try to learn and understand them better when they're all in such a convenient location. I just sort of know some basics taught during Skywarn classes. Really appreciate all the hard work you've been putting into your site lately!

Good lightning and a non-rotating wall cloud or lowering and a ton of rain. Picked up .60 in 15 minutes and that brings my daily total up to 2.50 for the day.

Adam got this (lopsided) pic from his house and he is about 4-5 miles south of ya, this is the same storm that was warned near Hugo when it had a pretty good couplet on radar.............

Archived