• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

LithiaWx

It's been tropical muggy since I got up. The rain has been light and intermittent, but considering how long it's been since I felt any drops, it is a nice start. It looks and feels like there might be more :) I just finished cutting the croquet court in a light rain, with a breeze blowing, and it felt wonderful. Beyond wonderful. Can't believe it isn't 90 + again. T

It's been humid up here most of this week but since lunch today...there seems to be a different feel to the air, the outer edge of Lee's atmospheric makeup has began to pull itself toward the Southern Appalachians. Getting a lot of mid and high level overcast with some lower cumulus, not the towering cumulus but the small cotton ball-type formations.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our attention at this current time is the remnant of Lee and what he will do but has anyone noticed the GFS wanting to spin up another tropical system for next weekend and bring it down the pipeline?

Looks that way by at least Day 7. Might end up being Maria if another one doesn't spin up before it. Unreal of the action we're seeing but we knew this season was going to be quite a busy one. I made a call for 16 named storms, 5 of which would be major hurricanes on a thread I made a while back so we'll see how this goes.

Our attention at this current time is the remnant of Lee and what he will do but has anyone noticed the GFS wanting to spin up another tropical system for next weekend and bring it down the pipeline?

Got to love how Goofy is always ready to please and delight out at the far end of La La Land :) Looks like it's trying to bring up two gulf systems, and at least one comes over mby! I'm ready to employ zombie mojo for that one too, lol.

On the Saharan air layer they look to be lining up off Africa, and crossing the Namib....I'll leave the light on for 'em. T

:thumbsup: Woo Hooo!! I will be waiting patiently for my turn with some sprinkles :wub:

So far just a few tenths, but I'm expecting a bigger splash tonight and tomorrow. I'll pin your name on some water filled clouds, and send them on :lmao: The ground around here is so happy I can hear it laughing. Tony

I'm glad you all got it..still in the upper 80's with tropical humidity and looking that way for the next week or more here in southern VA...just doesn't make good sense for Hot-lanta to be so cool and for here to be so uncomfortable..

Probably has something to do with Atlanta being 200 miles inland and 1000 foot further above sea level.

Probably has something to do with Atlanta being 200 miles inland and 1000 foot further above sea level.

In this case it is the placement of the weather features. The air direction in Atlanta is coming from the north the air direction in SE Vir is coming from the south. **interesting setup - temps in Winston Salem NC have dropped into the low 60s; temps in SE NC still above 80.

In this case it is the placement of the weather features. The air direction in Atlanta is coming from the north the air direction in SE Vir is coming from the south. **interesting setup - temps in Winston Salem NC have dropped into the low 60s; temps in SE NC still above 80.

Yeah, it feels soooooooooooooooo good outside right now!

Feels fantastic out there! Went to the race today at Atlanta Motor Speedway where it felt great. Even though there was a little drizzle and wind. Looks like fall is in the air and the summer heat has been beaten. Thank you Lee!

I wish it would be cloudy and drizzly this upcoming saturday for college football games. Im sure Bama at Penn State will be a wet one.

Feels fantastic out there! Went to the race today at Atlanta Motor Speedway where it felt great. Even though there was a little drizzle and wind. Looks like fall is in the air and the summer heat has been beaten. Thank you Lee!

Not so fast my friend... Ken Cook says he is SURE that there will be more 90 days later this month.

Not so fast my friend... Ken Cook says he is SURE that there will be more 90 days later this month.

Lol Ken Cook. I remember a couple February's ago during the that snowstorm he said he'll be surprised if half an inch falls north of Macon... I got 4" from that storm lol.

Great day today didn't hit 70.

Think my bet will be on Ken with this one. I had a 77.1 in the middle of July, followed by 4 days in the 80's, then a million days in the 90's. It will take more than a cool front and a trop. storm to convince me the heat is gone. Already building back into Texas. I expect to see another weeks worth of 90's down here. Hope I'm wrong. Can't sleet when it's 90 :)

60 at present...another 3 sheeter tonight if I turn the fan on. Mmmmmmmgoood. T

Archived