joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

LithiaWx

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dry air is actually pretty typical from Late August through Late October. That is normally our driest time of year. Obviously not THIS dry though...

That's what worries me more than the endless string of 90's! It is getting to that time of year when you have to hope for hurricanes, or trop. systems to get any rain at all. I've got changing leaves and falling leaves all over now. I've got two more dead trees I have to cut this week, and a number that don't look good at all. Man, oh, man, 5 inches of rain would be great. Come on tropics :) A reservour a county away is closed to boaters, it is so low. My friends creek has dried up. T

That's what worries me more than the endless string of 90's! It is getting to that time of year when you have to hope for hurricanes, or trop. systems to get any rain at all. I've got changing leaves and falling leaves all over now. I've got two more dead trees I have to cut this week, and a number that don't look good at all. Man, oh, man, 5 inches of rain would be great. Come on tropics :) A reservour a county away is closed to boaters, it is so low. My friends creek has dried up. T

Is it Lake Horton?

FWIW: 18z GFS continues to develop a low in the Western Gulf, moves it ENE towards Florida. The trough exits allowing the feature to stall off the Florida West Coast...then days 9 and 10, it moves due north and heads into the southeast.

Good ole JB said same thing last friday. He said storm will form in Gulf while another one is on East Coast.

18zgfs500mbHGHTNA120.gif

18zgfs500mbHGHTNA192.gif

18zgfs500mbHGHTNA264.gif

Atlanta officially hit 90 today !! That puts 2011 in 2nd place for days of 90+. 4 days until the 1980 record is tied. 86 days and counting.

The next three days are forecast to hit 90+. After that a cooldown occurs. It would "suck" if we came up a day short of tieing the record. It going to be close, barring another surge of heat in Mid-September KATL is going to come up short.... GFS says no dice through 9/16.

edit : are you absolutely sure your numbers are correct? This is going to be close I would recheck to make sure....Tonight or soon I'll go through and verify those totals for you....

In the mean time here is an article from Kirk Mellish about last summer vs. this summer.

http://www.wsbradio....its-been-worse/

The next three days are forecast to hit 90+. After that a cooldown occurs. It would "suck" if we came up a day short of tieing the record. It going to be close, barring another surge of heat in Mid-September KATL is going to come up short.... GFS says no dice through 9/16.

edit : are you absolutely sure your numbers are correct? This is going to be close I would recheck to make sure....Tonight or soon I'll go through and verify those totals for you....

In the mean time here is an article from Kirk Mellish about last summer vs. this summer.

http://www.wsbradio....its-been-worse/

I know Atlanta has had 86 days of 90+ this year, but I'm not as sure about the 90 days in 1980. I went back and looked through data on wunderground.com and counted only 80 days in 1980 but from every other source I've heard there were 90 days that summer.

The amazing thing is that last September there were 19 days of 90+ in Atlanta. That is unheard of. So as of this time last year Atlanta had 66 days of 90+ compared to 86 already this year. September 1980 was also very hot in Atlanta, which helped contribute greatly to their 90 days of 90+. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this September won't be quite as hot as last September.

The amazing thing is that last September there were 19 days of 90+ in Atlanta. That is unheard of. So as of this time last year Atlanta had 66 days of 90+ compared to 86 already this year. September 1980 was also very hot in Atlanta, which helped contribute greatly to their 90 days of 90+. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this September won't be quite as hot as last September.

Can't get on that limb with you. My guess is after the next round of tropical systems we get some more 90's. They got rid of Pluto as a planet, but added Sept as a deep summer month, lol. T

Last 2 runs of the Euro move the ridge axis toward the west coast with troughs dropping down into the east later next week - "and I'll begin to feel, the chill, of an early fall" - George Strait

I don't care if I get kicked off the board. I can't let a George Strait reference go without replying. Nicely done.

I got to 92.6 yesterday, with more 92's forecast for today and tomorrow. Then miracle of miracles, my point forecast has highs in the 80's and 40 or 50% chances of rain out thru Thursday. Been a long, long time since I've seen the like :) Hope I'm not dreaming! Sure need that tropical moisture to beat back these sand dunes, lol. T

Archived