Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Obs.

LithiaWx

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...Charlotte sure is getting the rain at the moment. Watching the panthers slog through the rain on CBS. Newton has been wildly inaccurate so far, but at least Charlotte is getting some much needed rain! :thumbsup:

Go PANTHERS!!

What's funny is I am a mere 4 miles, if that, from the stadium and no rain whatsoever here yet. You can see the rain parked over uptown just to my south.

Sweet play by Jonathan Stewart to flip over a player and remain on his feet. I think no one could tell he wasn't down due to the limited visibility. The cameras are even all clouded up with raindrops all over them. What a game! Massive splashes each time a player falls to the ground. Torrential downpours!! Fun stuff.

Edit: Boo! Apparently, upon review, the refs could see something that nobody else could and Stewart was down by contact. Thus, the 60-yard play was negated.

Sweet play by Jonathan Stewart to flip over a player and remain on his feet. I think no one could tell he wasn't down due to the limited visibility. The cameras are even all clouded up with raindrops all over them. What a game! Massive splashes each time a player falls to the ground. Torrential downpours!! Fun stuff.

Pretty wild. Players usually go through stages of emotion when the weather rapidly deteriorates. Uncomfortable, miserable followed by, damn this is fun!

Well the Jags thought that was fun. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Looks quite wet across the I-77 cooridor through 0z, I noticed GSP concerned that Southeast flow will once again develop over the escarpment late this evening. Not enough confidence in it yet to issue a Flood Watch but they are concerned that it will fire back up later in areas that got hit hard last night.

Looks quite wet across the I-77 cooridor through 0z, I noticed GSP concerned that Southeast flow will once again develop over the escarpment late this evening. Not enough confidence in it yet to issue a Flood Watch but they are concerned that it will fire back up later in areas that got hit hard last night.

Looks like it's already starting to fire up along the escarpment.

Was down in Lincolnton for the afternoon and witnessed one heck of a storm. Winds were at least 65-70 mph with marble sized hail. I saw several trees down in a one mile stretch just northeast of town. One house suffered extensive damage from a large oak that fell across it. That was the highest winds I have witnessed since the April event when we had a gust to 73 mph......... Was not expecting that. Also had 0.61 inches of rain in about 30 minutes.

Been raining since my last post right at 3 hours ago. Still getting light thunder and lightening. Heres a pic out of the Charlotte observer from todays game. Reinforces the earlier post from today.

I was at the game upper level, it was absolutely soaking rain for a good 20 minutes.

But panthers got the win thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

After today's storm, I came close to getting 2" of rain in an hour's worth (officially 1.94"). That's the most I've seen fall in a long while in such a short amount of time. Of course, given how persistent the heavy rain was, I suppose this was to be expected. Still, this was very impressive and has now bumped the monthly total to 6.24". :)

I got caught up in that rain here in Boone yesterday evening. Ended up with over 2", which puts me at a staggering 12" for the month. Here's the result of that narrow rain band that moved through the high country last night:

Crap...:gun_bandana:Screws up what said the other day about rain being done before night Saturday up there.:arrowhead:

Looks like both the GFS and Euro are in agreement of what could be in store for us as we progress through the upcoming weekend. A nice buildup of canadian cold air will manage to spill into parts of the Southeast as a cold front pushes through. Looking toward Sunday, it appears to be quite chilly for some areas where 40s could be the lows outside the Apps (low 70s for highs); 30s in the higher elevations with 60s for highs. It looks to continue for a part of next week at least. Something like this would really bring in that crisp feeling of a Fall morning if this were to verify. We'll see...

Looks like both the GFS and Euro are in agreement of what could be in store for us as we progress through the upcoming weekend. A nice buildup of canadian cold air will manage to spill into parts of the Southeast as a cold front pushes through. Looking toward Sunday, it appears to be quite chilly for some areas where 40s could be the lows outside the Apps (low 70s for highs); 30s in the higher elevations with 60s for highs. It looks to continue for a part of next week at least. Something like this would really bring in that crisp feeling of a Fall morning if this were to verify. We'll see...

I'm on board for the first blast of really Fall-like weather this weekend. For a while now both major globals have a strong intrusion coming into the Southeast late Friday night, powered by a strong 1032 High. By Saturday night and Sunday, everyone is cleared out with great weather, sunny skies, northwest winds and low dewpoints....a definite refreshing break from the muggy, damp weather lately .

GFS has low Temps Sunday and Monday morning going down into the upper 30's along and west of I-85, including parts of northwest SC and northern GA, and chilly low 40's deep into GA and SC. Upper 20's to low 30's for the mountains of TENN/NC, so the first frost and freeze is possible. The location of the strong high is great for drainage, and as long as winds die down and theres no clouds, with all the ground moisture I'm almost certain the first major frost could hit part of the Apps Sunday and Monday morning.:snowman:

post-38-0-99266600-1317036169.gif

post-38-0-74937700-1317036176.gif

I am still waking up to 70 and humid :angry:

Me too....hopefully that will change soon :)

Heck of a storm in Columbia this afternoon that caused some pretty decent street flooding. 3.24 inches of rain fell between 5:30 and 6:40 p.m. at the USC gauge, and 2.49 inches fell at Jim Hamilton/L.B. Owens Airport downtown. Here is a link to Univ. of South Carolina's student newspaper : Columbia Street Flooding

I picked up .88 :wub:

I'm on board for the first blast of really Fall-like weather this weekend. For a while now both major globals have a strong intrusion coming into the Southeast late Friday night, powered by a strong 1032 High. By Saturday night and Sunday, everyone is cleared out with great weather, sunny skies, northwest winds and low dewpoints....a definite refreshing break from the muggy, damp weather lately .

GFS has low Temps Sunday and Monday morning going down into the upper 30's along and west of I-85, including parts of northwest SC and northern GA, and chilly low 40's deep into GA and SC. Upper 20's to low 30's for the mountains of TENN/NC, so the first frost and freeze is possible. The location of the strong high is great for drainage, and as long as winds die down and theres no clouds, with all the ground moisture I'm almost certain the first major frost could hit part of the Apps Sunday and Monday morning.:snowman:

I will be waiting patiently ^_^

I :wub: storms with rainbows

009-3.jpg

This all sound fantastic Robert! Where is this cooler air coming from? I went and looked at places like ND and MN and that does not seem to be the source of the intrusion. The Mid-west is where I would typically look for a cold blast coming in from this tie of year and it's not there.

This all sound fantastic Robert! Where is this cooler air coming from? I went and looked at places like ND and MN and that does not seem to be the source of the intrusion. The Mid-west is where I would typically look for a cold blast coming in from this tie of year and it's not there.

From that sweet looking high parked over the ohio valley :weight_lift:

Archived