Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Obs.

LithiaWx

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would if I could. Its actually too wet here (can't believe I'm saying that). The GGEM may bring a deep trough into the Southeast late next week, as well as the ECMWF but so far its further east, similar to the GFS , but is much deeper. It's almost cold enough to bring the first snowflakes to the mountains of ne TN, nw NC, and WVA. The Euro is probably being too deep with its trough, but we will monitor it. Suffice it to say, Summer's big heat is behind us now, and even if the warmer GFS is right, its still a heck of a cold front next weekend. Hopefully the first of many.:snowman:

And so it begins!

Tonight

nfew.jpg

Mostly

Clear

Lo 48 °F

Straight from FFC

I don't know how I missed that.:unsure:

I think there will be some upper 40's around north metro Atlanta tonight, NWS seems to think so too.

I'm still thinking it just won't filter down to us. From about Emerson and up towards Rome will be more of my guess to see those temps, though there is about a 6*-7* difference between KRYY and MBY at the moment. With that being said, we still have a chance for it to verify.

I thought the rain was over for a few days...then in the last 45 minutes, we're getting heavy rain and lightning all along the escarpment...be interesting to see how long this continues, kudos to the NAM for nailing this earlier today right on the head. I think the folks in Greer totally ruled out the NAM for tonight.

I think there will be some upper 40's around north metro Atlanta tonight, NWS seems to think so too.

Probably more likely in South and West Metro. Those areas are typically cooler at night than North and East Metro on clear and calm nights. I do love it though when i hear Ken Cook or Glenn Burns saying something like " The northern suburbs may hit the freezing mark". And of course most of the time the south and west suburbs end up being colder.

Probably more likely in South and West Metro. Those areas are typically cooler at night than North and East Metro on clear nights. I do love it though when i hear Ken Cook or Glenn Burns saying something like " The northern suburbs may hit the freezing mark". And of course most of the time the south and west suburbs end up being colder.

Yeah, it typically wraps around us right now. Now in about a month or so and it reverses where we tend to be colder. I personally am not a fan of Ken. Glenn is great with severe weather(His forte) , but not so much with the colder months.

Crazy happenings overnight...while about 95 percent of the South enjoyed a cool early fall night, a meso low developed over Western North Carolina along with the front that never made it past Charlotte created a big time Southeast flow along the immediate eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge...which BTW, the NAM fron 12z yesterday nailed it perfect. The NWS, local media outlets or any of us never even considered the NAM but it indeed verified.

Thunderstorms developed along the US 221 cooridor (from Rutherfordton to Linville) around 10 pm last night and the storms all trained south to north. Then after midnight the rain intensified along 221 in McDowell and Avery Counties.

2.11 inches of rain felll IMBY overnight but areas in Northern McDowell right at the foot of Cox's Creek Mountain and Linville Mountain got anywhere between 4-6 inches of rain.

Still as of mid morning there is a SW to NE line of cells firing along the escarpment. Models indicate that conditions similar to that overnight could occur again late tonight...850 flow is progged to be due south after midnight along the escarpment.

Archived