Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama to be evacuated off Vineyard...?

http://bh.heraldinte...ticleid=1361080

Recall Bush senior was evacuated from Kennebunkport by motorcade during Bob 91:

"President George H. W. Bush, staying at his home in Kennebunkport, Maine, evacuated to Pease Air Force Base in New Hampshire. To avoid possible risks by using helicopter, he drove by motorcade to the base. During this time, portions of Interstate 95 were closed to allow him direct access to the Air Force base; however, this created many miles of backup as thousands of residents moved inland.[13]" (wikipedia)

Don't know how much the storm will have less when it gets to Maine, except for the sickest looking H5 map I have ever seen!! Thats a near perfect Hybrid It's like April 6h 1982 with a Hurricane!!! And it doesn't even phase with anything, Starting at around 66hrs height contours just start appearing to the south of it.

gfs_500_102s.gif

here to go but down from here.

Obama to be evacuated off Vineyard...?

http://bh.heraldinte...ticleid=1361080

Recall Bush senior was evacuated from Kennebunkport by motorcade during Bob 91:

"President George H. W. Bush, staying at his home in Kennebunkport, Maine, evacuated to Pease Air Force Base in New Hampshire. To avoid possible risks by using helicopter, he drove by motorcade to the base. During this time, portions of Interstate 95 were closed to allow him direct access to the Air Force base; however, this created many miles of backup as thousands of residents moved inland.[13]" (wikipedia)

The Bush compound is right out on an inlet and not protected very well. Actually I'm not sure how protected his place is, how steep the shoreline is. Could be 10-20 feet, some of the areas up here in York and Ogunquit have 10-20 ft cliff shoreline, other parts are susceptible to surge bigtime.

Yea. I kinda feel like people are downplaying it up here.

I was here for both Gloria and Bob. I still have a recording of WBZ Paul Cousins (sp?) hyping Gloria - cat 3 off the jersey shore and moving about 35mph i think. Went right over SNH.

I chased Bob and spent the aftn filming at Cape Ann. Have good vid of the eye passage. Waves after the eye passed (when the WNW wind blew the tops of the incoming rollers) were gorgeous in the setting sunlight.

As for anything worth filming besides the waves from either one: not so much.

Archived