Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
iCyclone Chase: IRENE

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh, can you give me the name of the hotel? Jason and I are considering getting a room for the night so we don't have to spend 48 hours in the car!

You guys should tough it out. Nothing like being crammed in a car for 48 hours in muggy tropical conditions with a bad case of swamp ass.

Hey, guys!

Thanks so much for the maps and inputs and stuff-- it's really helpful! Some quick update:

* Of course I'm pissed at Irene's structural issues and I'm hoping it shapes up a bit.

* I was delighted by the W wobble. Assuming it straightens out now-- which I think it is-- it looks like we have a good shot at getting right in the center. Awesome.

* We popped over the bridge into Beaufort-- a town that's a little further E, a little more exposed, a little lower in elevation, and way more picturesque than Morehead City. We found a quiet little inn tucked away at the end of a tree-lined street, and in a quick negotiation, we paid the owner cash to have a second-story room with a balcony facing the Sound, as well as access to the rooftop. It's pretty awesome, and I think this is where we're going to station ourselves overnight and tomorrow as the cyclone pulls ashore. (Yes, we're paying for two rooms at once-- oh well.)

Hey, guys!

Thanks so much for the maps and inputs and stuff-- it's really helpful! Some quick update:

* Of course I'm pissed at Irene's structural issues and I'm hoping it shapes up a bit.

* I was delighted by the W wobble. Assuming it straightens out now-- which I think it is-- it looks like we have a good shot at getting right in the center. Awesome.

* We popped over the bridge into Beaufort-- a town that's a little further E, a little more exposed, a little lower in elevation, and way more picturesque than Morehead City. We found a quiet little inn tucked away at the end of a tree-lined, and in quick negotiation, we paid the owner cash to have have a second-story room with a balcony facing the Sound, as well as access to the rooftop. It's pretty awesome, and I think this is where we're going to station ourselves overnight and tomorrow as the cyclone pulls ashore. (Yes, we're paying for two rooms at once-- oh well.)

Ellinwood can have your other room, right? :P

Sounds like a great place. I think i even know which place you are at.

* We popped over the bridge into Beaufort-- a town that's a little further E, a little more exposed, a little lower in elevation, and way more picturesque than Morehead City. We found a quiet little inn tucked away at the end of a tree-lined, and in quick negotiation, we paid the owner cash to have have a second-story room with a balcony facing the Sound, as well as access to the rooftop. It's pretty awesome, and I think this is where we're going to station ourselves overnight and tomorrow as the cyclone pulls ashore. (Yes, we're paying for two rooms at once-- oh well.)

Wow, sounds like a nice setup.

Wow, sounds like you got a sweet setup there Josh. Hopefully the storm is solid on the NW side or the center actually tracks over you. I was getting nervous for just a scrape, but it looks like we saved enough W job this morning to feel better about a solid hit in E NC.

Hey, guys!

Hmmm. Are you mounting the BASTARD on the roof? Should be about 10M.

Archived