• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hurricane Irene and the mid-Atlantic (Pre-game show)

Ian

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm I reading this wrong? Did it put its initial position as ON Hispaniola? Wrong? Wouldn't that have an effect on its final outcome?

I would think so but to me it is still too early. It does seem as if it is another battle between the GFS and Euro. I know which one I tend to believe.

Euro. I know which one I tend to believe.

Me too -- which ever one gives us our least desired outcome. arrowheadsmiley.png

Seriously though, it's kind of troubling that the Euro is the only one that far west, and the GFS even shifted east some at 6z, heh. Though Adam said the Euro ensemble members were very similar to the OP? We'll see, I guess.

:lol: Worse is that the true eastward shift doesn't normally take place until inside 48 hours.

we've got time for a good move i just can't remember one a tropical cyclone ever bending back to the west after it goes east for 2-3 days. yeah, i know it's happened...

just wait till the euro skims the coast at 12z. :guitar:

we've got time for a good move i just can't remember one a tropical cyclone ever bending back to the west after it goes east for 2-3 days. yeah, i know it's happened...

just wait till the euro skims the coast at 12z. :guitar:

in all seriousness - what is pushing it east? I've heard talk of a s/w causing something with the trough? (this is where my lack of real wx skills comes into play)

in all seriousness - what is pushing it east? I've heard talk of a s/w causing something with the trough? (this is where my lack of real wx skills comes into play)

it's mostly just riding up the edge of the atlantic subtropical ridge thru the weakness between it ant the conus subtropical ridge.

http://www.nco.ncep....fs_500_042m.gif

the shortwave troughs help shape it/perhaps pull it north a bit. u can see the first moving from dc north (weak) with another digging behind there.

it's mostly just riding up the edge of the atlantic subtropical ridge thru the weakness between it ant the conus subtropical ridge.

http://www.nco.ncep....fs_500_042m.gif

the shortwave troughs help shape it/perhaps pull it north a bit. u can see the first moving from dc north (weak) with another digging behind there.

Ah... so for it to stay west, I guess the weakness between the two ridges would need to shift west a bit?

Archived